What do you *expect* this offseason?

Moose Milligan

Curious to see what people really expect to see this offseason. Enough talk about who you want the Orioles to go after and who you want to stay away from, what do you think will really happen this go around?

I personally expect this will be a repeat of last offseason. No big game changing moves, largely standing pat and resulting in a 84-88 win season next year.

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

They will try and fail to extend both Davis and Wieters. They won't resign McLouth, they will go with something like Murphy and Davis because they can be had on one year contracts, and less money. They will bring back Roberts on an incentive based contract perhaps with some kind of vesting option. They will sign a middle reliever who gets both lefties and righties out. They will sign a cheap LH bat to go with Valencia at DH. I think they will sign Hammel for a one year deal over Feldman, who will get 2 or more on the market. Then they will pray Markakis and Wieters bounce back, Manny gets more plate discipline, Gausman and Tillman take a step forward and Gonzo and Chen don't take a step back.

- Number five starter, though maybe not Feldman.

- One or two Jurrjens/Garcia types to stash in AAA.

- A platoon partner for Valencia that can also play a little outfield.

- Left fielder. McLouth, Rajai Davis. Someone along those lines. Fringe starter. I'm hoping the market for McLouth doesn't quite develop and he's back with us.

I think that's what they'll do and it's probably all they really can do unless Angelos ups payroll to 110 or so.

I personally think if a Davis extension doesn't get done this offseason, it doesn't get done at all. If he has another good season (.875+), we won't be able to afford him; and if he has a mediocre season (<.825), the Orioles will be understandably gun shy.

Hart or Morneau or Beltran for DH.

Feldman or Vargus or Hudson for SP.

Gavin Floyd on a minor league deal while he recovers from surgery.

McLouth and Davis for LF.

C. Davis extension.

Roberts on a one year deal.

Trade Reimold and Britton. (Not saying they'll get much for them)

Hart or Morneau or Beltran for DH.

Feldman or Vargus or Hudson for SP.

Gavin Floyd on a minor league deal while he recovers from surgery.

McLouth and Davis for LF.

C. Davis extension.

Roberts on a one year deal.

Trade Reimold and Britton. (Not saying they'll get much for them)

Pretty good, except if they get Beltran they don't need Davis, too. They can just play Beltran in LF to face LHP and DH Valencia, he's under team control and much cheaper than Davis.

Vargas should be cheaper than Feldman also after missing time last year.

Archived