Talks stall on trade for Roberts-Suntimes

TheBee

BTW, something that hasn't really been mentioned is this whole Byrd/Murton stuff.

To me, it could mean 3 things:

1) The Cubs just like Byrd as a 4th OFer more than Murton since he can play CF.

2) The Cubs are getting Byrd so that they deal Pie for BRob.

3) The Cubs are getting Byrd so that Pie can be dealt in a big trade for Bedard and Roberts.

I think #1 is the most likely but the other 2 may have some steam behind them.

#1 makes the most sense, since Byrd plays center.

I hope #2 is correct because if we can get Pie for Roberts, that would be great. I would even throw in a prospect of ours to get the deal done.

#3- I would be dissapointed if we dealt them both to Chicago. They just dont have enough, even with Hill. Even though I would love to have Pie, I'm just not as high on him as others. Way too many unsure things.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply
#1 makes the most sense, since Byrd plays center.

I hope #2 is correct because if we can get Pie for Roberts, that would be great. I would even throw in a prospect of ours to get the deal done.

#3- I would be dissapointed if we dealt them both to Chicago. They just dont have enough, even with Hill. Even though I would love to have Pie, I'm just not as high on him as others. Way too many unsure things.

If we threw in more players with BRob to just get Pie, AM should be fired unless that player is Payton, Huff or Gibbons.

Well I believe that sources from other the cubs club house said that Angelos nixed the Galleger, Marshall, Cedeno deal, and yet independent sources have verified that was not in fact the case.

So as far as this is concerned I would have to give the benefit to the O's club house

Who are the independent sources???

I find it interesting that when Duquette was in charge everything was great in the Warehouse and since he has left everything isn't.

Totally not ture...I've given AM lots of credit for the Tejada and Trachsel deals he's made.

I can't think of anything else besides that which is worthy of praise...

Totally not ture...I've given AM lots of credit for the Tejada and Trachsel deals he's made.

Yup...you have certainly given him credit for his two trades.

So...do you think we're done dealing now?

Nixing Roberts to the Braves probably falls in there :)

Just listening to the Tom Davis show and he said that an "Internet Source" reported that the Roberts trade was complete and that the Orioles had to contact the "Internet Source" to say that it wasn't. Too bad they didn't say the name of the source but of course everyone here knows who the source was.

Just thought I'd throw that out...

Archived