Jen Royle: Orioles open to trading Valencia ( Traded to KC for OF David Lough)

Barnaby Graves

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Orioles just traded a bench player/ platoon/emergency guy for a young, toolsy, left-fielder, who finished in the top 8 of the ROY balloting last year.

And people are genuinely upset about this?

I mean I'm not going to set off fireworks over this - but this is a good move. This is objectively a good move. There is no logical metric you can use to come to the conclusion that this is a bad move.

Danny Valencia will be a favourite player of someone

The Orioles just traded a bench player/ platoon/emergency guy for a young, toolsy, left-fielder, who finished in the top 8 of the ROY balloting last year.

And people are genuinely upset about this?

I mean I'm not going to set off fireworks over this - but this is a good move. This is objectively a good move. There is no logical metric you can use to come to the conclusion that this is a bad move.

Agreed. We just need some bigger pieces. Hopefully that happens.

I have hammered DD on here, and plenty of you know it. But this is just a great trade, and I have never said that about Dan's trade history with us. He got one heck of a young cost controlled player in this trade for Danny Valencia? Really. And people on here don't like that trade? This kid is our LFer, and he is an upgrade going forward over McClouth. He is a brilliant defensive OFer, and a solid hitter. I could see him batting lead off real soon. You will soon see.

Agreed. We just need some bigger pieces. Hopefully that happens.

See, yes to this - and also no.

Teams like Oakland do well year after year without "big pieces." The thing our offense doesn't need is "big pieces" we need guys that consistently get on base so the big pieces of our offense can get them in. Those guys aren't going to be huge names, but they might be guys like Lough.

If you want to say we need big pieces in the starting rotation, its hard to argue with that. One big pitcher makes this team look a whole lot stronger. I was on the fence about Garza before, but I could really go for that now.

Archived