Orioles turning attention to Fernando Rodney

oldbird

I don't think Rodney needs to audition and I don't think what he does in the next few weeks will make a difference one way or the other. He still had a pretty good season last year even though he didn't do as well as in 2012.

Rodney is not my first choice, but I know Dan and/or Buck want their experienced closer. The Orioles are probably Rodney's best option unless he wants to pitch out in Seattle.

Much better park to pitch in...

• Replies 234
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree, but it would make more sense if he was only able to get a 1-year deal. I'm guessing at 37, his preference is probably to play for a team with a better chance of winning.

I think Seattle and us are similar contenders. Up and coming teams in tough divisions. Just enough talent to make noise. I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. They seem like equal destinations to me. So... money talks and you know what...

I think Seattle and us are similar contenders. Up and coming teams in tough divisions. Just enough talent to make noise. I'm just playing Devil's advocate here. They seem like equal destinations to me. So... money talks and you know what...

Yeah I hear ya. I wish we had something better to talk about than whether or not a Rodney signing could be imminent.

I know Roy hates Fernando passionately:) but I would love to have him, his stuff is filthy. For the discounted rate, you could even pick someone else up as insurance.

I'm with you. I hope they sign Rodney. He can shoot as many arrows as he wants as long as he is not blowing saves.

Archived