Its now 2014 and we haven't made any notable moves

AlbionHero

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The fact we are debating Nate v. Lough and waiting on a 36 year pitcher to decide if he will play in 2014 shows what a miserable failure this off season has been to date. Maybe DD pulls a rabbit out of his ball cap.

Don't say that around here, many people out here think Dumpster Dan is going to

ride in on his white horse and save us from our 74 wins.

Don't say that around here, many people out here think Dumpster Dan is going to

ride in on his white horse and save us from our 74 wins.

I'll take that action. I believe with no additional moves we will surpass that. And by the way, we won't call him that here any more. It's in the rules.

I'll take that action. I believe with no additional moves we will surpass that. And by the way, we won't call him that here any more. It's in the rules.

Like he has much of a choice in the players he's going after. If Duquette wasn't hamstrung by the lack of payroll flexibility we'd see a much different team.

Like he has much of a choice in the players he's going after. If Duquette wasn't hamstrung by the lack of payroll flexibility we'd see a much different team.

This.

If DD wasn't so good, we would have a team like before, when Syd and his pals were in charge. :)

And this.

What happened to that 25M in TV money? It belongs to the Orioles, not to Angelos.

And the Orioles belong to Angelos. It's not a public trust. We hope he is benevolent, but we have no reason to believe that he will be. In his mind, he may be paying back himself for previous investments. You just don't know how he views this. Maybe it is going to pay for the Millwood and Guerrero contracts.

On the other hand, he could have easily signed Corey Hart or traded for Logan Morrison or signed Bartolo Colon with his current budget. He seemed surprised that players were dropping from his board, but most of them were cheap guys not impacted by any budget restraints. I like DD, but he hasn't had a good offseason, end of story. PA doesn't help, but he's not to blame for everything.

I like your posts usually. I have to disagree with all of this one.

What happened to that 25M in TV money? It belongs to the Orioles, not to Angelos.

I don't even think about that. It serves no purpose. PA is going to set the budget around $100 mill. That's what DD has to work with and what we have to speculate about.

My head is messed up enough without banging it against a wall.

On the other hand, he could have easily signed Corey Hart or traded for Logan Morrison or signed Bartolo Colon with his current budget. He seemed surprised that players were dropping from his board, but most of them were cheap guys not impacted by any budget restraints. I like DD, but he hasn't had a good offseason, end of story. PA doesn't help, but he's not to blame for everything.

Okay, so we don't play the blame PA card.

Look at the Nationals and their 140 million dollar payroll.

They are a similar market team, with a lesser ball-park, and lesser established history.

They don't get as much MASN money as the Orioles.

Yet, the payroll difference is very significant.

Who do you blame now, DD?

When did I say I'm not blaming PA? I said I'm not blaming him for everything. I'd love for Duquette to be given a huge payroll to work with. Unfortunately, he doesn't have one, yet he's clearly missed on some good, cheap players that could have helped this team.

We don't really know what is happening. Maybe he was in on LoMo and got outbid. Maybe he saw problems in some other deal. And yes, maybe he was asleep at the wheel on some. Who knows?

Archived