Rosenthal says deal done Jimenez (4/$50M - Official)

Greg

They needed someone other than Gausman or Britton for #5. I certainly think Gausman will be a #2-#3 guy in due time, but I think his place is in the minors or in the pen for the time being.

Britton, I just don't know about. Without options, he has to make the team. He could be amazing in relief; who knows?

• Replies 464
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They needed someone other than Gausman or Britton for #5. I certainly think Gausman will be a #2-#3 guy in due time, but I think his place is in the minors or in the pen for the time being.

Britton, I just don't know about. Without options, he has to make the team. He could be amazing in relief; who knows?

Isn't anyone concerned about Gausman's missing pitch? I hope that is his focus in AAA this year.

How about Jimenez blows out his shoulder and Angelos is proved right again?

I'm not against this purchase, but let's not pretend they just signed Cy Young. Jimenez makes the Orioles better, no argument. How much better?

I think he makes us a lot better. Jimenez has the potential to win anywhere from 15-18 games. The revolving door of Britton/Johnson/Whoever might win 10. I know Jimenez isn't a 5 WAR player, but I think he gives them 5-7 more wins then any of the #5 guys without Jimenez.

I think he makes us a lot better. Jimenez has the potential to win anywhere from 15-18 games. The revolving door of Britton/Johnson/Whoever might win 10. I know Jimenez isn't a 5 WAR player, but I think he gives them 5-7 more wins then any of the #5 guys without Jimenez.

Why even bring up pitching wins?

You think the offense is going to score more for Jimenez?

Archived