Brian Roberts, Jim Johnson and Grant Balfour watch.

Ommaculate

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I hope Balfour does well as he is on my fantasy team. I got him cheap. I think other owners were scared off about the failed physical. I had no such doubts.

No offense to your fantasy team, but I hope he's a disaster. Every edge we can get on the Rays.

I have had a long-held "No Eagles" policy in Fantasy Football for years for similar reasons.

We all missed the whole point of the JJ trade. It was made to keep the A's from the playoffs this year. Johnson had a bad spring for Oakland, I and I personally am grateful to not have to watch the bases loads, no outs 9th inning meltdowns anymore. The way I see it, if JJ had blown have the saves he did, we likely would have made the playoffs last year. Think of how much bad karma must have been floating in the locker room after so many blown saves.

I wouldn't have put him in a 0-0 tie in the 9th. I always think that's a lame time to use your closer. Especially the first appearance in front of the home fans. You want it to be an exciting thing.

They are paying him 10 million per year. Doubt the A's can afford not to use him in that situation

I wouldn't have put him in a 0-0 tie in the 9th. I always think that's a lame time to use your closer. Especially the first appearance in front of the home fans. You want it to be an exciting thing.

You always use your closer in the bottom of the 9th in a close game, as there can be no save opp for the home team in extra innings. You take the lead, you walk off. Pitching the bottom of the 9th in a tie is part of the closer's job.

We all missed the whole point of the JJ trade. It was made to keep the A's from the playoffs this year. Johnson had a bad spring for Oakland, I and I personally am grateful to not have to watch the bases loads, no outs 9th inning meltdowns anymore. The way I see it, if JJ had blown have the saves he did, we likely would have made the playoffs last year. Think of how much bad karma must have been floating in the locker room after so many blown saves.

Do you know what his spring numbers were? If you do, can you include a link? I couldn't find it. Curious about Balfour too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

A little off topic, but I ran into Tommy Hunter 15 minutes ago at Ace Hardware in Canton. I guess he lives in the area. I just congratulated him and wished him good luck.[/

Our rotation should be shopping at "Ace"

You always use your closer in the bottom of the 9th in a close game, as there can be no save opp for the home team in extra innings. You take the lead, you walk off. Pitching the bottom of the 9th in a tie is part of the closer's job.

I assume you mean the top of the 9th in a tie game. Pretty hard for a pitcher to pitch against his own team in the bottom of the 9th at home.

Archived