Brian Roberts, Jim Johnson and Grant Balfour watch.

Ommaculate

If we can somehow keeps all the comments confined to this thread, instead of 100 different threads in Orioles' talk, then it will be well worth it.

No !!!

Saturate the boards with as many threads as possible.

• Replies 273
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If we can somehow keeps all the comments confined to this thread, instead of 100 different threads in Orioles' talk, then it will be well worth it.
No !!!

Saturate the boards with as many threads as possible.

Aren't you the guy always bumping old threads and making merge requests ;)

#irony

I was joking.

I agree with Corn's sentiment.

This.

I have no interest in seeing past fan favorite Orioles fail. I wish them all luck, unless they are playing against us. Hell, even though BRob is a Yankee, I hope he has a great year...but also hope the Yanks lose every game.

That said, I hope Balfour has a terrible season to justify the Orioles not going through with the deal. Plus a terrible year for Balfour would mean good things for the Orioles in the standings.

I don't root against former O's either, never have. Like you said, hope they do great, but their teams lose every time they play us!

I am more interested in keeping track on how the off-season moves and non-moves worked out....like the Balfour situation. So far it just seems like we lucked into a great off-season considering the other options we considered but feel through.

now for 2/17... which ordinarily wouldn't mean much for a veteran. But BRob hasn't been a regular contributor for 5 years...

I guess he'll still get some starts at the beginning of the year, but it won't take much for him to lose the starting job... and the 2 million dollars won't give the Yankees a moments thought if they feel that they need to release him to free up a roster spot.

now for 2/17... which ordinarily wouldn't mean much for a veteran. But BRob hasn't been a regular contributor for 5 years...

I guess he'll still get some starts at the beginning of the year, but it won't take much for him to lose the starting job... and the 2 million dollars won't give the Yankees a moments thought if they feel that they need to release him to free up a roster spot.

This is strange because a few days ago I posted Roberts had 2 hits already according to the stats. And today he has a double and RBI, but it still says he only has 2 hits. Not sure what is going on but after the double today I thought he had 3.

I know spring training stats are relatively meaningless, but I really wanted Choo, I thought he could be our one big spend this year (improbable as it seems that we would spend that kind of money, I had always held out hope). Loved the OBP and thought he would really look great at the top of the order.

So far, not so good....

After going 0-4 today, it was mentioned this is where he started today:

Choo entered the game with a .156/.263/.313 spring slash line in 32 at-bats

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/mlb/315/shin-soo-choo

The fact that the Yankees signed BRob and projected him to be the starter tells me they have no one else ready to step in. They won't cut BRob after a slow spring training. Now, check back in May and if he's struggling then he might be gone, but not now.

Archived