Would you make these moves?

Sports Guy

Why would you rather have Baldelli than Crawford? Doesn't make sense to me unless you're considering the difference in players we'd have to give up.

I'm not totally sold on Santana or Kotchman either.

He has three years left on his contract and three team options after that. We would have him for 6 years!

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He has three years left on his contract and three team options after that. We would have him for 6 years!

Well, we would have Crawford for 4 years and if Baldelli can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter how long we have him for..Plus, Crawford is better.

And we could always possibly extend Crawford long term ion a few years as well.

Well, we would have Crawford for 4 years and if Baldelli can't stay healthy, it doesn't matter how long we have him for..Plus, Crawford is better.

And we could always possibly extend Crawford long term ion a few years as well.

Why would any player extend the way the market is today?

Wood has a LOT of value, but a lot of it comes from his hopefully, one day figuring out shortstop. Move him to third, and he drops pretty far down in value.

This is a bit long-winded, so my question for you is, why wouldn't the Angels just make Wood adapt to third and try to move OCab alone? Of course it won't be enough for us, but look at it from the Angels' point of view. If they get the idea to move Wood to third, they'd be trading away half of their infield for Tejada and an oft-injured DH. It's not a matter of value, it's a matter of creating new holes. Who would play third for them?

The scouting reports I've seen on Wood, project him to be a young Scott Rolen type with possibly more power. Shifting to 3B isn't going to affect his value. Plus most scouting services project him to be a 3Bman anyway. He's one of the top 2 or 3 prospect in all of baseball, at any position.

If I'm the Angels, Wood is a deal breaker, even for Tejada. Tejada will most likely need to be moved to 3B in a year or two anyway. Why not just hold on to a young guy like Wood, who could be better than Tejada in the long run.

No, I'd pass on both. Not sold on Santana or Kotchman. 2nd deal, I'd rather have Baldelli that Crawford. Have no problems giving up Penn, Liz and Hoy for Baldelli.

I like this deal. Its less than what it would take to get Crawford, and Rocco can slide over to center when Patterson leaves. When Baldelli's healthy he can really play.

Archived