Would you make these moves?

Sports Guy

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am not sure the other teams would say no to these moves or not.

I doubt anyone offers more than that for Crawford and the Angels are pretty desperate for a big bat. This is offering more than they wanted to in July but i think they are pretty desperate now AND we are taking back OCab, which is probably something we didn't want to do in July.

Yes and Yes, but I'd prefer to keep these guys if we are going to give up Ray and Penn. Would LAA want Gibbons?

I could see them needing Jay...Garret Anderson is injury prone and unreliable.

Gibbons, Rivera and Anderson can rotate around..Plus, Gibbons could see some time at first and possibly give Vlad a rest and allow him to DH from time to time.

I am not sure the other teams would say no to these moves or not.

I doubt anyone offers more than that for Crawford and the Angels are pretty desperate for a big bat. This is offering more than they wanted to in July but i think they are pretty desperate now AND we are taking back OCab, which is probably something we didn't want to do in July.

I'd be fine not asking for OCab and rather trying to get Miggy to make the move to third. Wood seems ready to make the jump to the majors, at least as much as Markakis did. You're asking for four players that range from potential superstars to just everyday players, for a superstar and an occasional everyday player. You can see how that's a bit lopsided just by counting on your fingers. We have more holes than they do, but that doesn't mean they'll give up more than they have to in order to keep us satisfied.

I'd be fine not asking for OCab and rather trying to get Miggy to make the move to third. Wood seems ready to make the jump to the majors, at least as much as Markakis did. You're asking for four players that range from potential superstars to just everyday players, for a superstar and an occasional everyday player. You can see how that's a bit lopsided just by counting on your fingers. We have more holes than they do, but that doesn't mean they'll give up more than they have to in order to keep us satisfied.

If you want to say this package is too much, that's one thing. But we have no idea what Kotchman or Wood will do and OCab is certainly not as good as he once was.

The idea here is Wood needs to go to third. So, he goes to the minors to learn to play third this year(and in ST).

OCab is our SS for the next 2 years.

The question i have is do we wait to trade CPat?

The reason i say this is because in 2008, assuming CPat is not signed and we aren't smart to make Mora the super UTI guy, that Crawford or Markakis will go to CF(probably Crawford) and Mora will be in LF.

And these moves may be made by July, depending on how quickly Wood adjusts to third.

So, instead of moving everyone around mid season, do we just move them now and trade CPat?

Now, by doing this, we would need to acquire a third baseman for the year(or half the year, whatever the case may be).

Tejada and Gibbons for Santana/Lackey, Wood, OCab and Kotchman.

Penn, Ray and Olson/Liz for Crawford.

I am not saying that either of these trades would be bad for the future, but who would you put as our clean up hitter for the next couple of years?

Archived