Would you make these moves?

Sports Guy

Tejada and Gibbons for Santana/Lackey, Wood, OCab and Kotchman.

Penn, Ray and Olson/Liz for Crawford.

I wouldn't even have to think twice. The first deal is an absolute steal. And, the second gets us one of the best OF in baseball. Sure, Ray is a monster. But, we have much greater needs than closer for now. And, Penn/Olson/Liz are all good prospects, but we actually have depth to deal from at the moment. I'd love to see Crawford roaming the OF at OPACY.

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tejada and Gibbons for Santana/Lackey, Wood, OCab and Kotchman.

Penn, Ray and Olson/Liz for Crawford.

I'd do both. It hurts to give up so much good pitching for Crawford, but you're replacing some of it w/ a solid to good starter. Losing Ray isn't as big as it seems either b/c we can fill his spot w/ one of the new guys.

Would the Angels do that? Beats me, but I'd say probably not unless Stoneman finally feels some pressure to make a move.

Would the Rays do that? I think they'd have to at least think about it a lot. It frees up a spot in the OF for some of their stuck young guys and gives them young, cheap ML ready arms.

Whats with all the love for kotchman?He hasnt proven anything in the majors and is injury prone.He gets o n base but then clogs up the basepath with his poor speed.The only left handed bat we should be looking at is crawford,but he will cost to much.

He is a good, young player who is currently devalued due to his illness. He hasn't proven anything in the majors because he hasn't had much of a chance, and potential young hitters with good OBP and power potential are what we need instead of Millar and (Luis) Gonzalez types. His minor league stats indicate that he could be a very solid player, and perhaps even have an AGon type season. If he were proven in the majors, there would be no reason that the Angels would trade him (kinda like how we don't want to trade Bedard).

Speed is overrated, anyway. Maybe some team will trade for Patterson and think he's worth the 5/44 that Pierre got :002_ssuprised:

I am not sure the other teams would say no to these moves or not.

I doubt anyone offers more than that for Crawford and the Angels are pretty desperate for a big bat. This is offering more than they wanted to in July but i think they are pretty desperate now AND we are taking back OCab, which is probably something we didn't want to do in July.

Pretty sure their not going to look at us taking OCab as a positive.

Sorry, misunderstood your post, SG, I see now you were talking about the Angels.

And yes, I was saying that the BA means next to nothing, but people tend to use it as the reason that Houston would be willing to basically give him away. I tend to think Houston's GMs (and others') are smarter than that.

Oh, my bad....Thought you were downplaying Ensberg because of his BA..Sorry about that.

I think it is more of a positive than them keeping him.

Tejada gets to stay at SS and they can still make a deal for a third baseman.

I'm not saying they wouldn't want to trade OC if they got Tejada, but I don't think their going to be trying to dump him off on us in the trade either. Now if we took Garrett Anderson, that might be a different story.

If you could pull off a trade for Crawford, why would you trade Tejada? I would personally be compelled to try our chances with our current ML Roster + Crawford. That lineup would be good enough to compete if our young pitching finally blossomed.

No, I'd pass on both. Not sold on Santana or Kotchman. 2nd deal, I'd rather have Baldelli that Crawford. Have no problems giving up Penn, Liz and Hoy for Baldelli.

Why would you rather have Baldelli than Crawford? Doesn't make sense to me unless you're considering the difference in players we'd have to give up.

I'm not totally sold on Santana or Kotchman either.

Archived