2014 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

Everyone laughed like crazy after they "won" the off-season last year and sucked. The Blue Jays are throwing two middle fingers up in the air for all to see. They're going to walk away with the division.

Too soon to say that. I do think they have more than their share of players who are currently punching above their weight. However, I always felt that those who were discounting the Blue Jays this offseason were making a mistake, just as those who discounted the Red Sox in the previous offseason were making a mistake.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Too soon to say that. I do think they have more than their share of players who are currently punching above their weight. However, I always felt that those who were discounting the Blue Jays this offseason were making a mistake, just as those who discounted the Red Sox in the previous offseason were making a mistake.

This was my point, in an admittedly over the top way of saying it. All season long last year we waited for the other shoe to drop on the Red Sox and we see how that worked out. I get that people here hate Toronto, but they have an awful lot of talent and it's showing up big time right now.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

they win the AL East. I think the O's could win just as easily. It's a long season.

Certain truths are unassailable. The Earth revolves around the Sun. Testing whether a stove is hot by placing your hand on it is a terrible idea. And Cito sucks. Hard.

They were 18-20 through the first 38 games and now have gone 20-4 the last 24. So are they the team that was under .500 through mid may or the team that has been playing over .800 ball the last month. They will hit a rough stretch like every other team has. The Tigers are really struggling right now and their bullpen is a disaster. Nathen has been one of the worst closers in the game and cost them the first game.

They were 18-20 through the first 38 games and now have gone 20-4 the last 24. So are they the team that was under .500 through mid may or the team that has been playing over .800 ball the last month. They will hit a rough stretch like every other team has. The Tigers are really struggling right now and their bullpen is a disaster. Nathen has been one of the worst closers in the game and cost them the first game.

They won ten in a row last year. Then they lost 15 out of 20.

This is going to sound like sour grapes, but since they took off I have just assumed that they cranked the cheating up because they saw an opportunity to pull waaay ahead while NY, Bos, TB and dem Os kinda stalled.

It will all equal out. Fortunately we are on a *knock*knock* win streak to keep pace right now.

It does to me. Only because I assume you are talking about sign stealing and to me that is not cheating and I believe Melky is the only one on that team accused.of performance enhancers let along being caught.

And if thats what its about. You don't have to look outside of Bmore for that. And that guy is carrying this team.more than Melky in TOR.

I'm referring to more black bag rumors than typical gamesmanship.

Plus they threw a beer at McLouth. J-holes.

If they stay healthy and the rest of the AL East stays hurt, then they are for real.

Thats not true. Reyes has missed 16 games. Santos is injured. Rasmus is injured. Janssen has only pitched 10 innings due to injury. Morrow is out until the all-star break. Izturis is out for 4-6 months.

Encarnacion 19 HRs, Bautista 14, Melky 10, Lawrie 10, Francisco 10. Five players out of nine with more than 10 HRs. Powerful lineup.

I think thats the major difference between the Jays and other lineups. Even if one of them goes into a slump the Jays have the depth to ride it through and still win.

I'm not sure the same can be said for the Redsox (If papi doesn't hit the redsox can't score runs) and Baltimore (Nelson Cruz has 21 HRs and the next nearest player has 8).

I do like the Orioles lineup better then the Redsox and Yankees. I don't know if Davis will be able to replicate 2013 and Cruz will be able to stay hot but one through six will still be strong once Wieters comes back.

I'm kind of hoping the O's sneak in via the wildcard. It would be nice to see both the yankees and Redsox sit at home.

I'm referring to more black bag rumors than typical gamesmanship.

Plus they threw a beer at McLouth. J-holes.

That was a classless thing to do but it was the actions of one individual. Most people did the right thing and boo'ed his little league antics.

o

(JUNE 8th)

ST. LOUIS CARDINALS

Matt Carpenter - 3B

Oscar Taveras - RF

Matt Holliday - DH

Allen Craig - 1B

Jhonny Peralta - SS

Jon Jay - LF

Mark Ellis - 2B

Peter Bourjos - CF

Tony Cruz - C