2014 Toronto Blue Jays

OFFNY

So what's everyone opinion: is Toronto for real or are they just on a non-sustainable hot streak?

IMO, their offense is maybe the best in the AL and Jose Reyes hasn't even gotten going yet. Although, it is possible that Reyes just isn't ever going to be the player Toronto thought they were getting. Melky isn't slowing down and Encarnacion and Bautista are super scary.

Will their pitching be able to hold up seems to be the question. I have no idea, but maybe with that offense they'll be in the race all year. :noidea:

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Toronto is almost 20 HRs ahead of second place in the AL. Reminds me of the Orioles first half of last year.

Interesting, hopefully they cool off the way our offense did last year.

Didn't the Jays have like a 12 game winning streak at one point last year? Got themselves all the way back to .500 before collapsing again? I am not going to count out the Jays, how can you at this point, but I'm hopeful that they will start to cool off here very soon. We'll see.

Roughing up Verlander... with Encarnacion taking a day off. Looking to complete 3 game sweep of Tigers. Playing awesome baseball

Wow, the Tigers managed to tie things up at 3 and the Jays immediately come back with a 2-run HR from Francisco. We get them for 4 games next week. I'm looking forward to it. I think we have a shot at cooling them off.

EDIT: And Lawrie follows Francisco with a solo shot off Verlander.

Everyone laughed like crazy after the "won" the off-season last year and sucked. The Blue Jays are throwing two middle fingers up in the air for all to see. They're going to walk away with the division.

Last year was a fluke for them being so bad. But I dont think they are THIS good. But if the offense keeps throwing up 7-8 runs a game, the rotation doesnt have to be good a la Os in 2012. Amazing though that they have put up the numbers they have against Det and Oak.

Archived