What's Up With Lough?

olehippi

For me, it's getting to the point where it doesn't matter that he has to pass through waivers or not. He has looked absolutely terrible at the plate, and he has only made a few plays that I think that Cruz doesn't make. I wonder how much the Nats would want for Nate :)

• Replies 192
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Were those last 2 called strikes to Lough even strikes? The first called strike looked very low, not even close. The 2nd one looked outside. Lough got screwed, they didn't show the pitch track. Could anybody verify if they were strikes? I know there is a site that has the info, I don't remember what it is. Thanks.

From Brooks Baseball:

location.php-pitchSel=453343&game=gid_2014_05_21_balmlb_pitmlb_1&batterX=84&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3&league=mlb&cache=1.gif

Both called strikes were out of the zone, as was the swinging strike from the first pitch.

I wouldn't mind sending Lough down. I don't know if he'd make it through waivers but like some of you have said I'm not sure how much I care at this point. We need someone else on this team who's not going to be an automatic out. I like Weeks and would like to see him up. He can give Schoop a break at second against tough righties and can also get some burn in the outfield.

On another note, I'd like to see Pearce getting some more at-bats as well. Move Cruz back to DH and get Pearce and Weeks some time in LF.

The good news is, he's doing as well as Nate McClouth for about 10% the cost.

I agree! But, I'd still rather have Nate (more of a track record of doing well here) if the Nats were willing to take on most of the contract and only want a marginal player in return.

I agree! But, I'd still rather have Nate (more of a track record of doing well here) if the Nats were willing to take on most of the contract and only want a marginal player in return.

No way. I'd rather move on to someone younger and less expensive than Nate. Lough has not proved to be the answer, but I can't see Nate returning as a contributor.

I don't understand what Lough and Young are even doing on the roster. Young disappears for weeks at a time and Lough has got to go down.

Young I can't help you with.

Lough just treat him like he is the backup catcher. If Jones gets hurt you need someone that can play center on the roster and no one else on the team can.

I don't understand what Lough and Young are even doing on the roster. Young disappears for weeks at a time and Lough has got to go down.

Doesn't part of this fall on Buck for not keeping these guys fresh?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still can't believe we traded Valencia for this guy.

I know right? Getting a guy that came off a three win season in under 100 games and who had a road OPS 180 points higher then his home OPS.

Pretty sweet that we got him for a platoon third base guy.

Even if it hasn't worked out so far.

You make that trade, you make that trade every day.

I watched the Tides play Charlotte last night and must say that Francisco Peguero looks read.

There were one play where a ball was hit into the gap w/Peguero on first and he was motoring around the basepaths. They had a large lead at that point so Walling didn't send him, but the injury looks to be healed. Peguero made some strong contact and played a nice RF. I think he finds his way to Baltimore before June 15th.

Heath Bell didn't look all that impressive. Sat low 90's in his inning of work and had a couple hard hit outs. I'd be more inclined to bring up Meek again before anyone else.

While Lombo played well for us at the ML level, I was very impressed with Phelps, quick hands and was hitting line drives all over the park. Minus 1 error from Weeks, I really liked the defense.

Brian Ward threw out a guy at 1st base from his knees after a pitch, absolute cannon of an arm.

From Brooks Baseball:

location.php-pitchSel=453343&game=gid_2014_05_21_balmlb_pitmlb_1&batterX=84&innings=yyyyyyyyy&sp_type=1&s_type=3&league=mlb&cache=1.gif

Both called strikes were out of the zone, as was the swinging strike from the first pitch.

I wouldn't mind sending Lough down. I don't know if he'd make it through waivers but like some of you have said I'm not sure how much I care at this point. We need someone else on this team who's not going to be an automatic out. I like Weeks and would like to see him up. He can give Schoop a break at second against tough righties and can also get some burn in the outfield.

On another note, I'd like to see Pearce getting some more at-bats as well. Move Cruz back to DH and get Pearce and Weeks some time in LF.

So he did get called out by the ump, I am not going to hate on him for that at bat, terrible calls. Give the guy a chance jerk ump.

I watched the Tides play Charlotte last night and must say that Francisco Peguero looks read.

There were one play where a ball was hit into the gap w/Peguero on first and he was motoring around the basepaths. They had a large lead at that point so Walling didn't send him, but the injury looks to be healed. Peguero made some strong contact and played a nice RF. I think he finds his way to Baltimore before June 15th.

Heath Bell didn't look all that impressive. Sat low 90's in his inning of work and had a couple hard hit outs. I'd be more inclined to bring up Meek again before anyone else.

While Lombo played well for us at the ML level, I was very impressed with Phelps, quick hands and was hitting line drives all over the park. Minus 1 error from Weeks, I really liked the defense.

Brian Ward threw out a guy at 1st base from his knees after a pitch, absolute cannon of an arm.

Bell seems to get people out but a lot of pitches are up. I have seen him pitch twice now and that concerns me.

I am not a scout though-so I could be wrong. Just my first observation.

Archived