vs. BLUE JAYS, 4/22

OFFNY

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jim Hunter's first example of Flaherty recently hitting well: "He's got a two-game hitting streak going."
Yeah I heard that. His stupid steady stream of mindless stats is beyond annoying. He doesn't do it on the radio. I think Joe puts the fear of God into him.

This changing of baseballs after every minor touch gets old. That ball rolled along a CARPET, but...change the ball.

I never understood this. If a ball is hit on the ground to SS and he throws it to 1B for an out, they throw it around the infield and pitch it again. If it skims the ground on the way to the plate, it is worthless; throw it away. I sometimes wonder if later in the game they give the umpire back some of the same balls they threw away.

Yeah, we could have kept BRob and before him Andino. We have not had a second baseman at even marginal level of hitting effectiveness since Roberts pre concussion. Maybe we should think about drafting one someday.

I think Schoop might make a nice one. You'd have to have draft picks to draft a second baseman.

Archived