Tommy Hunter AGAIN!

isestrex

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He's about to blow several saves and make me very upset. He's just not a great pitcher. He should be used in lowest of low leverage situations out of the pen, but Buck and his "save rule" is too stubborn to realize that.

So who should be used in high leverage situations? The Orioles don't have a Chapman or a Kimbrel. They have a bunch of pretty fair/good/generic relief pitchers. O'Day and possibly Britton seem to be the only other options worth considering.

Seems somewhat unusual given the makeup of the pen that you'd take a guy with a career 3.02 relief ERA and have him in mopup duty.

He's about to blow several saves and make me very upset. He's just not a great pitcher. He should be used in lowest of low leverage situations out of the pen, but Buck and his "save rule" is too stubborn to realize that.
So who should be used in high leverage situations? The Orioles don't have a Chapman or a Kimbrel. They have a bunch of pretty fair/good/generic relief pitchers. O'Day and possibly Britton seem to be the only other options worth considering.

Seems somewhat unusual given the makeup of the pen that you'd take a guy with a career 3.02 relief ERA and have him in mopup duty.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTJRRp6D7MXyphOIA9qfWO1qODmsRpCyODOr9-5T3X7B54sGybV

At least Gregg got a 1-2-3 inning every now and then.

Britton needs to be the closer as of now. This is getting silly. I realize its reactionary but Hunter has not been a good close this year. This game aside, he just hasn't been cutting it. I'm not sure we have the right guy, but as of now Id make it Britton.

Archived