Tommy Hunter AGAIN!

isestrex

Oh, well, if you want to get in to speculative headspace stuff, that's different. I didn't catch your drift there.

And of course he's seeing what we see. But he's also seeing that the struggles still have resulted in wins. He's making everyone a nervous wreck, but at the moment, he's getting it done. Even if we think Buck sees that, what I was saying is that until those struggles start affecting the team much more than they are now, he'll keep on rolling him out there.

Oh yea, I fully expect Buck to keep throwing him out there until he either gets his act together or completely implodes.

Then I expect Dan to move him in the offseason.

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Buck doesn't care if Hunter struggles, as long as he gets the job done. He's not going to risk damaging Hunter's belief in himself or in how he perceives Buck's confidence in him by giving the job to someone else, even for just one game, because he thinks the other guy has a better chance that day. It's Hunter's job to keep or lose.

Perhaps Buck also believes there is a chance that Tommy will perform better as he gains experience in the role.

That would be what I meant when I said "I could see him keeping with Hunter anyway".

Yes, but then you added, "... but that doesn't preclude the possibility." I disagree. I think it does preclude that possibility.

So there is NO WAY that Buck, from a rational I just want to win this ONE game point of view, doesn't entertain the idea that Hunter might not be the best choice?

Nonsense.

Buck would have to be an idiot.

You can certainly take the long view and think that a 92% chance with Hunter is better then a 96% chance with Britton but come on, if you got power hitting lefties coming up there is no way, in the short term, you think Hunter is the better choice then Britton.

So there is NO WAY that Buck, from a rational I just want to win this ONE game point of view, doesn't entertain the idea that Hunter might not be the best choice?

Nonsense.

You can certainly take the long view and think that a 92% chance with Hunter is better then a 96% chance with Britton but come on, if you got power hitting lefties coming up there is no way, in the short term, you think Hunter is the better choice then Britton.

He might rationally think that Britton would be the better choice in that particular moment, but he wouldn't act on it. It's like when your wife is under the weather and a hot chick is beckoning. You know you'd have a better time with the hot chick, but the long view makes you go home.

So you think, that Buck thinks, that Hunter is more likely to get a save, in all circumstances so far this season, then Britton?

It's than. Britton is good in his role. Damn. O's win. Hunter gets the save and

some complain. Wow. Unbelievable.

Nonsense.

The most obvious example would be when Hunter needs rest.

It's than. Britton is good in his role. Damn. O's win. Hunter gets the save and

some complain. Wow. Unbelievable.

Wow... you think that folks should turn off all skepticism and original thought and only be rah-rah fans after every single win, no matter how it was achieved?

Archived