Face it Folks - The Detroit Tigers Are Simply a Much Superior Team to the Orioles

Old#5fan

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Look at the scores. It was a drubbing...

A drubbing does not usually involve the closer of the winning team in each game....unless my vocabulary is worse than I think it is (like when I wander into the word association thread).

We hung in, is Detroit better? Yes. Are we close....eh...maybe. Let's go rebound against the Royals and forget this series.

When you have a 1-0 game going into the 9th inning where the starter pitched his best game of the season, only to have the closer give up 4 runs to blow the game, and then the Orioles not even come back in the 9th and score any more runs, to me that's a drubbing.

Now today's game, I stand corrected as I stopped watching it after Gausman was being hit like a rented mule and didn't realize the offense came to life and finally scored some runs. So I stand corrected on that one.

I was watching the Tigers' broadcast of last night's game.

This is how they called the 9th (and final) inning.

"The Orioles are one strike away from victory ....... 2 outs in the top of the 9th inning, and the score is 1-0 Orioles ............ DRUBBED !!! Back-to-back home runs, and the Tigers take the lead and win it, 4-1. They really manhandled those Orioles today. I don't know why Tigers fans even bothered watching the game after about the 3rd or 4th inning, because it was abundantly clear that they were going to win this one with such ease. The Tigers win it, and it was no contest."

If only Buck had used another pitcher than Hunter in the 9th inning Tuesday. A 1-0 victory over Detroit would have meant the O's are infinitely better than Detroit. This is easy to see because zero is a sum of nothing. 1 is infinitely greater than 0. When a team is able to beat another team by a shutout, it will balance out any losses in which a team scores, no matter how lopsided the defeat. For example, one 1-0 victory will over 10 10-1 losses. This is because infinity > 10 x 10. Math and baseball, a winning combination. :awesome:

No more than taking out the garbage.

Now you are comparing me to garbage.:rolleyestf: Does that make you feel good by making such denigrating statements? If so you must have an inferiority complex so much so that you need to compensate for it on an Orioles message board. You take this stuff way too seriously man. You are clearly the Barney Fife of the thought police. You should have a badge......to show your self annointed authority. Again, you must be sooo proud. I give you a standing ovation!!!:clap3:

If only Buck had used another pitcher than Hunter in the 9th inning Tuesday. A 1-0 victory over Detroit would have meant the O's are infinitely better than Detroit. This is easy to see because zero is a sum of nothing. 1 is infinitely greater than 0. When a team is able to beat another team by a shutout, it will balance out any losses in which a team scores, no matter how lopsided the defeat. For example, one 1-0 victory will over 10 10-1 losses. This is because infinity > 10 x 10. Math and baseball, a winning combination. :awesome:

That game was outstanding until it became a blowout in the 9th inning. Had the Orioles had a real closer like Detroit does in Nathan, they would have had an amazing win - that I agree. He is also able to pitch three days in a row and get people out and protect one run leads.

Detroit were better, but not by THAT much. The 2nd game should have been an O's win, and we were one big hit from taking the 3rd game too. The only game that did disappoint was the first, where I thought we looked lacklustre and never likely to get back in it.

Now you are comparing me to garbage.:rolleyestf: Does that make you feel good by making such denigrating statements? If so you must have an inferiority complex so much so that you need to compensate for it on an Orioles message board. You take this stuff way too seriously man. You are clearly the Barney Fife of the thought police. You should have a badge......to show your self annointed authority. Again, you must be sooo proud. I give you a standing ovation!!!:clap3:

Look, you made a ridiculous statement that many others took issue with and called you on it and you take offense.

Sorry but not everybody is going to agree with you, nor do they have to.

Remember quality is better than quantity.

The difference between the Tigers and the Orioles is that the Tigers are actually capable of developing pitching. The Orioles haven't developed a good pitcher since Mike Mussina, and they let him sign with the yankees. The other difference is that the Tigers front office is willing to be aggressive and spend money to win. The Orioles aren't.

I don't think that the Tigers were heads and shoulders above the Orioles in the series. In the first 2 games of the series the Tigers' offense was equally as inept but in both games they came up with a big home run late and that was the difference.

The Orioles looked bad b/c the offense was terrible. The fact of the matter is that the offense is overrated. The lineup is filled with undisciplined, streaky hitters.

That game was outstanding until it became a blowout in the 9th inning. Had the Orioles had a real closer like Detroit does in Nathan, they would have had an amazing win - that I agree. He is also able to pitch three days in a row and get people out and protect one run leads.

Not to get picky, but a blowout doesn't usually involve a closer coming in for a save situation

If the Orioles had an offense that knew how to manufacture runs, have good at bats and not swing at pitches out of the strike zone, Hunter wouldn't have been in a position to blow the save and Buck wouldn't look like a stubborn fool.

yawn.gif

I'm really having trouble seeing how we were dominated? One pitch and one ounce of common sense from buck and we likely win game 2. We had our best hitter up as the tying run in game 3...one swing and we are tied.... How did we get drubbed the entire series? Our guys didn't play nearly like they have shown they are capable of and still 2 plays away from winning a series against the best team in the AL. Detroit is a better team I can admit that, but far superior as we aren't even close to being in the same league? Nonsense. We have enough talent to be one of the best teams in the league just gotta be patient and have faith.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Look, you made a ridiculous statement that many others took issue with and called you on it and you take offense.

Sorry but not everybody is going to agree with you, nor do they have to.

Remember quality is better than quantity.

I couldn't care less if anyone ever agrees with me, but I take offense at anyone calling me "garbage." Nobody would do that to me in person without consequence nor are they going to do so here. By consequence, that means me defending myself from verbal attack.

Archived