Face it Folks - The Detroit Tigers Are Simply a Much Superior Team to the Orioles

Old#5fan

If our offense is in full force then we can match up with them. There's not a single one of their key players that is having anything close to a bad season. The only key orioles not having a bad season are Cruz and Markakis.

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nonsense. The last 2 games went down to the wire and/or could have been decided with one play in each game. That isn't a drubbing.

When you have a 1-0 game going into the 9th inning where the starter pitched his best game of the season, only to have the closer give up 4 runs to blow the game, and then the Orioles not even come back in the 9th and score any more runs, to me that's a drubbing.

Now today's game, I stand corrected as I stopped watching it after Gausman was being hit like a rented mule and didn't realize the offense came to life and finally scored some runs. So I stand corrected on that one.

When you have a 1-0 game going into the 9th inning where the starter pitched his best game of the season, only to have the closer give up 4 runs to blow the game, and then the Orioles not even come back in the 9th and score any more runs, to me that's a drubbing.

Now today's game, I stand corrected as I stopped watching it after Gausman was being hit like a rented mule and didn't realize the offense came to life and finally scored some runs. So I stand corrected on that one.

That may be the dumbest statement I ever heard about what a drubbing is. So if Hunter gets the pitch into Hunter an inch and we win would that mean we gave them a drubbing with a 1-0 win. We were 1 strike away from winning game two not a 7-0 loss.

More nonsense. Shoulda stopped at the OP.

That may be the dumbest statement I ever heard about what a drubbing is. So if Hunter gets the pitch into Hunter an inch and we win would that mean we gave them a drubbing with a 1-0 win. We were 1 strike away from winning game two not a 7-0 loss.

Or as I see it they outscored us by four times as many runs. To me that is a drubbing.

True, but that series was embarassingly bad. I cannot recall the Orioles looking so dominated in a series at home since they started playing well in 2012.

In my opinion losing three games and seeing the Tigers closer, is disappointing, it's heartbreaking...but it is not being dominated.

Bad news is you're right the Tigers are better than us...good news is its only May and who knows what the season holds. Teams had been known to look unbeatable during the regular season only to go into a slump and be bounced early in the playoffs. Time will tell.

I wouldn't say they're "more superior", if anything the O's completely outclassed them in Game 2 only to have Tommy Hunter completely meltdown. If Darren O'Day stays in, I think Game 2 is an O's win. Game 1 was a toss up until Buck left Norris in a bit too long.

As for Game 3? The O's idiotic decision to call up Gausman on short rest is what caused that cluster of a mess.

It was a much closer game than the final scores dictated, IMHO. Are the Tigers a better team overall? Yes. BUT this series didn't actually showcase it aside from 1 inning in each game, IMHO.

If our offense is in full force then we can match up with them. There's not a single one of their key players that is having anything close to a bad season. The only key orioles not having a bad season are Cruz and Markakis.

I agree with this...but your quotes in another thread sound like a different person.

Archived