Jeff Samardzija

birdsfever82

Reading through this trade-happy thread, it seems obvious that no one thinks that Kevin Gausman, Johan Santana, or maybe Mike Wright and a healthy Steve Johnson will be able to step into the rotation and help later in the season. Plus, I don't think the Orioles pitching is all that bad. The only weak link I see is Gonzalez, and he would fit nicely in the BP if replaced by Gausman or Santana.

People please stop talking about Steve Johnson being in the rotation. He's a mop-up man at best. He will never take innings away from Gausman, Bundy, Santana, Wright, etc.

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Reading through this trade-happy thread, it seems obvious that no one thinks that Kevin Gausman, Johan Santana, or maybe Mike Wright and a healthy Steve Johnson will be able to step into the rotation and help later in the season. Plus, I don't think the Orioles pitching is all that bad. The only weak link I see is Gonzalez, and he would fit nicely in the BP if replaced by Gausman or Santana.

Did you actually read it? Most are saying it is silly to give up the ranch for a pitcher when the offense is clearly the problem.

Surprised the people arguing against Samardzija's ERA last year aren't arguing about his won-loss record this year.

I don't have a problem getting the guy on a dump or reduced near free agent cost ...but our lineup is clearly the problem.

I don't have a problem getting the guy on a dump or reduced near free agent cost ...but our lineup is clearly the problem.

I've been for improving both aspects since the beginning of the year, but I agree that Samardzija is likely too costly for us at this point and a LF/DH makes more sense.

How about the ultimate capitalizing on recent success and trade Britton plus for Jeff Z? We'd be selling real high. Then let Gausman close. Britton was a DFA candidate before this season. Maybe Britton, Ed Rod and comp pick gets it done. Gausman and Gonzo could pick up the slack in the pen.

How about the ultimate capitalizing on recent success and trade Britton plus for Jeff Z? We'd be selling real high. Then let Gausman close. Britton was a DFA candidate before this season. Maybe Britton, Ed Rod and comp pick gets it done. Gausman and Gonzo could pick up the slack in the pen.

Britton, Schoop, Wright?

Samardzija isn't the pitcher that he is right now IMO. His WHIP is 2-3 per 9 low right now. Not saying he's not good and all but you'd be buying high.

Doubt Theo would be happy with that package.

Archived