Jeff Samardzija

birdsfever82

I know the pitching has been better here in May, but I just don't see our starters pitching great consistently through the rest of the year. I don't think we have to worry about the offense. I think the lineup will start to heat up here pretty soon.

I think the O's need to make a play for Samardzija at the deadline. He would make this rotation very, very good. We have some trade chips here to get it done I believe. Who would you trade away to get it done? Bundy? ERod? I wouldn't want to give up the farm certainly, but what could get it done, or do say no to a deal altogether?

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lineup with a banged up Davis & Machado, a recovering Hardy, and potentially not Wieters, plus boom or bust hitters in Cruz & Jones leaves me far more concerned about the lineup than the pitching. The pitching isn't perfect, but it's not in as bad a state as it was this time last year.

I would've done that in a heartbeat in the offseason, but there's no way the Cubs would've agreed to it.

Probably, but I thought straight up might have been reasonably close. Remember there were people on here wanting to get the Cubs catcher back on that deal and then others not even liking that return.

I think you meant

Lough and Matusz/Patton :rofl:

Bundy

Exactly. The Cubs are asking the moon for him, and will definetly ask for Bundy and/or Erod. I'd consider parting with Erod, but definetly not both. I'd consider doing ERod, Matusz, and Lomardozzi or another bat in Norfolk.

He's a FA after 2015 and he's looking for number 1 starter money. No thanks.

There's no way the O's would give him the deal he wants anyway. I'd consider trading for him to have him for a year and a half. This team is built to win now, and these types of moves should be considered to put the team over the top.

Exactly. The Cubs are asking the moon for him, and will definetly ask for Bundy and/or Erod. I'd consider parting with Erod, but definetly not both. I'd consider doing ERod, Matusz, and Lomardozzi or another bat in Norfolk.

The bloom is off Mr. Rodriguez for now.

A lineup with a banged up Davis & Machado, a recovering Hardy, and potentially not Wieters, plus boom or bust hitters in Cruz & Jones leaves me far more concerned about the lineup than the pitching. The pitching isn't perfect, but it's not in as bad a state as it was this time last year.

I'm in this boat too. If the O's are actually in a position to make a deadline deal for a playoff push (and I'm not sure they will), IMO they are going to need a hitter, preferably an OBP guy.

I'm in this boat too. If the O's are actually in a position to make a deadline deal for a playoff push (and I'm not sure they will), IMO they are going to need a hitter, preferably an OBP guy.

You know the other guys are going to bully him unmercifully for taking pitches until he gives in and starts hacking.

Archived