Gammons on Espn News

TyCobb

I have been an O's fan for 30 years now and I hate to say it but I am getting close to becoming a Nat's fan. The O's remind me of an old girlfriend that I just keep giving chances to. I think those chances are getting slim because the reward is just not worth it anymore.

I don't understand the logic of people flipping from being an O's fan to a Nationals fan.

I mean, it'd be like dumping Britney Spears for Paris Hilton...sure Paris is better looking than Britney now, but there are definately some parts missing in their heads and also, you know you're gonna wind up dropping her too. :rolleyes:

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gammons is right with these things more often than not. Especially when he said it so definitively. It did not sound like speculation, he spoke as if it were fact.

I trust Gammons more than most, if not all, of the other baseball writers. Him saying this makes me feel a little more comfortable about our situation.

Sorry, I had no idea that was the case. I have made many other posts and no one said anything about the grammar. I will use capital letters and punctuation for now on.

The cool thing is you can call Gammons a hack all day long using the rules of the board. To me, it's all about keeping things civil, clean, readable and respect for each other and the rules ensure that it goes both ways.

I don't understand the logic of people flipping from being an O's fan to a Nationals fan.

I could never root for the Nats. I grew up in Northern Va. and have been an O's fan since the day I was born. I don't care if another team comes in closer to where I live, I view them as an enemy and infringing on my O's territory.

I don't think I could ever give up my Orioles allegiances, but if it ever were to happen, I would not go to the Nats. I just couldn't.

Maybe I'm crazy, it has been brought up before. :)

The cool thing is you can call Gammons a hack all day long using the rules of the board. To me, it's all about keeping things civil, clean, readable and respect for each other and the rules ensure that it goes both ways.

I understand that now...I have been reading this board for years, and I was always here for information and opinions, and never noticed the capitalization and punctuation believe it or not. One thing I have noticed though is that when people say things against the staff or insiders they seem to get disregarded as renegades and outcasts...is this always the case? That said, this is a great site with tons of great out of the box thinking and information.

It seems like most of the other times Gammon has speculated about the Orioles he was off base (ie Pudge and Vlad) but hey I would love for him to nail this one on the head.

He was dead on about both of them, we signed Javy first and didn't have a need for Pudge anymore, and Vlad was all set to come here until the last minute when he decided he felt better with the Spanish-speaking culture the Angels were building (Arte Moreno).

One thing I have noticed though is that when people say things against the staff or insiders they seem to get disregarded as renegades and outcasts...is this always the case? That said, this is a great site with tons of great out of the box thinking and information.

Well to that I would have to ask; why would you talk against the staff or insiders of a website that you thought was great?

Also, there's a rant section where you can just go off on whatever your heart desires. So, you're not totally censored on this website and if you don't agree with what an insider has posted give them negative rep points.

-

Peter Gammons is in the Baseball Hall of Fame and has survived a life-threatening illness to continue doing the job he loves to do, and his connections in the business are limitless. We should not so viciously bash the man for his statements. It may or may not be true but we shouldn't attack a man with established credibility.

Looks like Peter Gammons is one for one so far!!!! Santana traded to the Mets!!!!!

This board is gonna explode!!!! (I probably shouldn't get my hopes up) but GAMMONS IS RIGHT ON!!!!!!!!!

Yeah he kind of said that after it was already reported that Santana was traded to the Mets. Am I missing something here?

I love it when people bash Gammons...Is there a sportswriter more respected around the game than Gammons is?

Is there a baseball writer with more contacts than Gammons has?

If this is what he is hearing, it is what he is hearing.

I just can't believe the amount of b****ing and moaning on this site about this stuff.

Archived