Is it a stretch to think that Joseph could replicate the offensive output that Wieters has averaged?

MarkakisFan21

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Expecting Joseph a 27 y.o rookie who is not a real prospect but more of the AAAA ilk to put up similar number to what MW did coming into this year is much like expecting a Honda Civic to give ya the same thrill and performance that driving a Ferrari would. Just not happening.

Another case of Wieters undervaluation.

I'm pretty sure most people don't undervalue Matt. However, most don't think he is worth 20+ million dollars a year, which is what he was asking for when extension talks were taking place.

Sure, you can say Boras was asking for that kind of money, but Boras works for Matt. If Matt really wanted to be in Baltimore, he'd consider what some ex-Boras clients have said about Boras and taking control of your own career.

That said, I don't blame Matt (or any player) for not signing an extension. But don't say you want to stay in Baltimore and are willing to discuss an extension when you have no intention of doing so unless you get an outrageous deal.

I'd like Matt better if he was truthful about it.

I say no way he does . I guess he can hit over .200 but anything else is a bonus. They probably will need him with Wieters going to Dr. Andrews next week and looking more and more look a surgical outcome.

They do need him, for sure, but to compare him to Wieters is crazy silly.

To me, its more what he can do behind the plate and handling the defensive game.

][/b]I'm pretty sure most people don't undervalue Matt. However' date=' most don't think he is worth 20+ million dollars a year, which is what he was asking for when extension talks were taking place.

Sure, you can say Boras was asking for that kind of money, but Boras works for Matt. If Matt [b']really[/b] wanted to be in Baltimore, he'd consider what some ex-Boras clients have said about Boras and taking control of your own career.

That said, I don't blame Matt (or any player) for not signing an extension. But don't say you want to stay in Baltimore and are willing to discuss an extension when you have no intention of doing so unless you get an outrageous deal.

I'd like Matt better if he was truthful about it.

Matt gets allot of heat in OH, we even had a tread last year, where a poster claimed any AAA could replace him at any point in time.

There was less heat on Matt this season, since he came out of the gate smokin at the plate.

To me, I wouldn't call Matt untruthful, it's very hard to know what is actually said behind the scenes by all the parties.

I do wish Matt had a different agent. It's probably not the easiest thing to do, set player salaries, easy for keyboard fans, but the player wants as much as he can get, and the owner wants to spend as little as possible, and throw a greedy agent in the mix.

IMO, I do think Matt wants to stay in Baltimore, if the numbers can be worked out.

Matt gets allot of heat in OH, we even had a tread last year, where a poster claimed any AAA could replace him at any point in time.

There was less heat on Matt this season, since he came out of the gate smokin at the plate.

To me, I wouldn't call Matt untruthful, it's very hard to know what is actually said behind the scenes by all the parties.

I do wish Matt had a different agent. It's probably not the easiest thing to do, set player salaries, easy for keyboard fans, but the player wants as much as he can get, and the owner wants to spend as little as possible, and throw a greedy agent in the mix.

IMO, I do think Matt wants to stay in Baltimore, if the numbers can be worked out.

Matt will do what Scott Boras advises him to do. In Sarasota, friends of mine ran into Matt and a teammate and their wives out to dinner. The teammate was Chris Davis. These agent affiliations are a bond as well. A "team" of their own as it were.

Matt will do what Scott Boras advises him to do. In Sarasota, friends of mine ran into Matt and a teammate and their wives out to dinner. The teammate was Chris Davis. These agent affiliations are a bond as well. A "team" of their own as it were.

That's a shame, maybe he should call Morales and asked how that worked out for him.

That's a shame, maybe he should call Morales and asked how that worked out for him.

It is a shame, grown men really should more of a say in what they want from a baseball career. Here is an article about Boras, there are others out there. I would say Boras is a good agent if and only if money is your one and only priority or you can't think for yourself.

http://www.nj.com/yankees/index.ssf/2013/04/teixeira_discusses_free_agency.html

So Matt Wieters and Chris Davis and their wives went out to dinner together and now they are a team of their own? I feel like this idea came from a "jump to conclusions" mat.

Well, I don't think it's that far fetched. I would not be surprised if the Scott Boras agency introduces their clients to each other, and maybe holds a gathering or two a year. Ultimately all ball players are on the same team, they are in the entertainment business. I'm sure actors that share an agent get to know each other and probably attend functions together on occasion.

Archived