vs. BLUE JAYS 6-15

scOtt

• Replies 433
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Almost an automatic loss on Sunday. So odd. What is it about this particular day of the week?

What game are you all watching? Seriously, if I didn't have the game on and were just reading this thread, I'd think we were being blown out by 10 - 15 runs.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Six downvotes for this post. Let’s see, three negatives = a ?
    • He's still on a 3 rWAR season pace despite being in one of his cold spells. 
    • Nope that’s not the case brother. Seperate topics. You don’t think a team would ask for our best pitching prospect in a trade?  Especially if Holliday, Basallo, and Mayo, are untouchable. 
    • I think that Gold Gloves for pitchers are: a) a little silly b) for most of the history of the award based on not much more than reading chicken entrails Does anyone who's thought about this for more than eight second really believe that Greg Maddux and Jim Kaat were actually the very best fielding pitchers in the league for 15 or 17 or whatever straight years? That they never had an off year, and all that time legitimately beat out the other 50 or 100 starting pitchers in the league? That's as absurd as someone leading the league in homers for 17 straight years, or in putouts at shortstop, or in OPS for 17 straight years. Nobody, not Ruth, not Aaron, not Mays, not Mantle, not Trout... none of them did anything like that. So, devalue? It's almost a made-up award anyway. Anyone want to guess John Means' career high in fielding chances in a season? 100? 50? Nope, 15. Means was responsible for five putouts and 10 assists in 155 innings in 2019. Or one chance per 10 innings, give or take. Mark Reynolds, even in the midst of his Legally Blind phase, never fielded fewer than twice that number of balls per game. Now... Cano did field 3.1 chances per nine innings last year, and has never made an error. He was involved in 25 successful plays in the field in 2023. But I still think he has essentially no chance at a Gold Glove. But I guess weirder things have happened. What he'd be up against is first nobody really has a good idea which pitchers are great at fielding, but also that someone like Patrick Corbin of the Nats fielded twice as many balls as Cano last year because he's out there so much longer. And I'm not sure anyone is going to buy into the idea of weighting pitcher fielding chances by leverage index for relievers.
    • We won 101 games last year and are 21-11 this year.  What’s our record both years with a manager who manages to win every game.  Provide reasoning how managing to win every game that gets us better results doesn’t destroy our bullpen and wear out starting players without providing no days off.  
    • If someone said something today, maybe I missed it. Kimbrel looked fantastic, albeit with a weak hitting last 3 batters...but his velocity was great, and so was his movement. Look, he could  blow more saves, and will...but let's give the guy some props....I  was so down on him (and will be again, Im sure)...but he looked terrific last night.
  • Popular Contributors

• Popular Now