Last-minute attempt by O's to sign ace holding up trade

birdsfan4ever

Last time I checked, all of this confusion is the result of rumors from unnamed sources and speculation from sports writers. Do you really believe that AM and Angelos are sitting in the offices thinking up ways to mess with Orioles fans?

Of course not. I do feel that we have an excessive amount of confusion regarding out current and past FO dealings with other clubs. I think this offseason has been a perfect example of such transactions and non-transactions. Other argue that this sort of thing happens with other clubs. I think we're worse. If you want to argue that our fanbase exacerbates the problem, I'd be agreeable to that point. However, I don't think other clubs have offseason transactions that are this convoluted.

Otherwise, I thought the humor in my post was somewhat evident. I'll try harder next time. :002_sbiggrin:

• Replies 326
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bee, you're correct, if Santana gets 17 or 18 a year, Bedard won't accept a whole lot less, why should he,? he's not going to give us a discount is he?. So if he's waiting for Santana, the mets have until 5pm Friday I believe. If I were him , I'd wait til then. And another thing, Angelos went personal with Mora, and Brady, and gave them both terrible contracts, both in years and dollars. So maybe he'll overpay Bedard. I'm thinking he might, since that's what most fans DON'T want.

Of course not. I do feel that we have an excessive amount of confusion regarding out current and past FO dealings with other clubs. I think this offseason has been a perfect example of such transactions and non-transactions. Other argue that this sort of thing happens with other clubs. I think we're worse. If you want to argue that our fanbase exacerbates the problem, I'd be agreeable to that point. However, I don't think other clubs have offseason transactions that are this convoluted.

Otherwise, I thought the humor in my post was somewhat evident. I'll try harder next time. :002_sbiggrin:

Connolly explained it well today, he said that in previous regimes, they would work to complete a trade or signing and not bring Pete in on it until the final signature, and then if he didn't like it, there were a lot of people with egg on their face. AM has been different in the regards that he has been talking with PA during every step, so if he has a problem with something, they work it out before anything gets near completion, or leaked to us. So for people to just assume that PA nixed the deal out of the blue is incorrect in the way they have been doing business this year. To assume they are jointly fielding more offers, or attempting to resign Erik makes much more sense than PA being bipolar and just completely changing his mind about something he has known about through the whole process.

Hasn't it been WELL established <--------- that things are to be taken with a grain of salt and to not get bent out of shape over what you chose to read or pin your hopes on. Let's not ruin yet another thread with a pi$$ing contest or whining that information isn't always on the money. It happens over and over and over and over we get it, point taken it frustrates people.

Hasn't it been WELL established <--------- that things are to be taken with a grain of salt and to not get bent out of shape over what you chose to read or pin your hopes on. Let's not ruin yet another thread with a pi$$ing contest or whining that information isn't always on the money. It happens over and over and over and over we get it, point taken it frustrates people.

You must be new around here, huh?

Also, I think you can just say "pissing" and "ass", you don't need to use $'s. However, d*ck, sh*t, and b*tch, they're friggin' different ;-)

Archived