Trade Targets....

EagleOriole

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
What if that is a downgrade from any of our four second basemen?

I don't see how any major leagu caliber 2B they trade for could be any worse. Schoop is replacement level and has gotten worse as the season has gone along, not better. He also holds a sparkling walk rate and one of the lowest LD% in the millennium. And Flaherty is below replacement level. We pretty much have the worst of the worst.

Also, anyone who thinks we need a leftfield "Bat" is barking up the wrong tree. We have Cruz, Pearce, and Young who are leftfield bats. We need a defensive wizard who bats patiently from the left side and has high obp with the threat of stolen bases to lead off our lineup. Shifting Nick to second slot. Any of those around?

I like Jon Jay. Put him in LF move Cruz to DH. Good defensively especially as a LF and carries a consistently good OBP. Also provides you with some insurance should the O's and Nick Markakis be unable to reach a deal.

Get him and maybe look for another C or 2B change of scenery candidate.

Here's a lineup using an internal approach:

LF - Reimold

RF - Markakis

CF - Jones

DH - Cruz

3B - Davis

1B - Pearce

2B - Hardy

SS - Machado

C - Joseph/Hundley

How ironic would it be if Nolan Reimold got brought up to the inevitable chorus of discontent that would generate only to hit like .325 with 10-15 HR and very good OBP? Highly unlikely I know but there would be a certain karmic evening of the scales involved if such a thing were to happen :)

How ironic would it be if Nolan Reimold got brought up to the inevitable chorus of discontent that would generate only to hit like .325 with 10-15 HR and very good OBP? Highly unlikely I know but there would be a certain karmic evening of the scales involved if such a thing were to happen :)

And then he gets hurt his first at bat in the playoffs.

And yet, it wouldn't happen.

Also, anyone who thinks we need a leftfield "Bat" is barking up the wrong tree. We have Cruz, Pearce, and Young who are leftfield bats. We need a defensive wizard who bats patiently from the left side and has high obp with the threat of stolen bases to lead off our lineup. Shifting Nick to second slot. Any of those around?
Sound to me you'd like David Lough to do a better job of getting on base.

Sound to me you'd like David Lough to do a better job of getting on base.

He's been doing much better as of late but Pearce has been playing too well to sit. I'd give Cruz a day off sometime. He has been hitting very poorly the last 30 days and has been worth -0.1 WAR.

He's been doing much better as of late but Pearce has been playing too well to sit. I'd give Cruz a day off sometime. He has been hitting very poorly the last 30 days and has been worth -0.1 WAR.

How much negative WAR does our left field produce without Lough in the mix?

Archived