Trade Targets....

EagleOriole

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
We should trade for whichever 2B we can get for Brian Matus and Delmon Young. That might narrow the field quite a bit.

Delmon Young would be a helluva get for an NL team. Is be looking to capitalize on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We need a decent defensive 2B who can get on base.

Or a C who can or LF who can.....bottom line is that this lineup needs to add another bat who can get on base. I would not pigeon hole anyone position, we have 3 spots that can be improved realistically (LF move Cruz or Nick to DH, 2B and C) we need to get someone significant to fill one of those or we are going to continue to flounder.

Or a C who can or LF who can.....bottom line is that this lineup needs to add another bat who can get on base. I would not pigeon hole anyone position, we have 3 spots that can be improved realistically (LF move Cruz or Nick to DH, 2B and C) we need to get someone significant to fill one of those or we are going to continue to flounder.
We are not getting a good defensive C who can hit, and Cruz/Pearce are finer in LF . We need a 2B who can hit.

We are not getting a good defensive C who can hit, and Cruz/Pearce are finer in LF . We need a 2B who can hit.

Russel Martin or Miguel Montero, migkt not be as expensive as some of the second basemen whom multiple contending teams have an interest in. I would take either of those guys in a heartbeat over what we start at C now. Their are a number of teams interested in 2B I got a feeling that its gonna be very pricey to get a 2B.

The goal should be to get the best bat possible at the lowest price who fills a need. If we can get a C better than what we have then so be it because as of now, who knows what Matt will or wont be able to do next year. If we can get a really good OF....yea we can use one of those. The idea it has to be a 2B is just silly. Schoop has long term potential IMO....Caleb Joseph does not.

Russel Martin or Miguel Montero, migkt not be as expensive as some of the second basemen whom multiple contending teams have an interest in. I would take either of those guys in a heartbeat over what we start at C now. Their are a number of teams interested in 2B I got a feeling that its gonna be very pricey to get a 2B.

The goal should be to get the best bat possible at the lowest price who fills a need. If we can get a C better than what we have then so be it because as of now, who knows what Matt will or wont be able to do next year. If we can get a really good OF....yea we can use one of those. The idea it has to be a 2B is just silly. Schoop has long term potential IMO....Caleb Joseph does not.

Pitt not moving Martin they're still in the wild card race. Montero is owed to much money.

Pittsburgh is 1.5 games out in the wild card. They aren't trading Martin any time soon.

Montero is owed 45M for the next 3.5 years. O's are going to take that on.

Pittsburgh is 1.5 games out in the wild card. They aren't trading Martin any time soon.

Montero is owed 45M for the next 3.5 years. O's are going to take that on.

Exactly. 2B anyone? Schoop: .218 .262 .333 .595 Right now it looks like we would have been better off keeping Roberts: .237 .314 .346 .660.

Exactly. 2B anyone? Schoop: .218 .262 .333 .595 Right now it looks like we would have been better off keeping Roberts: .237 .314 .346 .660.

i don't see a 2B that would be an upgrade that the O's could get. Who do you have in mind?

I get we could use a 2B and would love to see an upgrade there.

I think it is short sighted to develop tunnel vision as to what we try to get. The object should be to acquire the best player possible given the resources we have to trade. Not necessarily the best 2B possible.

I gotta believe there will be a catcher or two better than CJ on the market. I also think there will be a few quality OF available. Of course its all about demand and if the demand for 2B is high and supply low relative to C or OF then maybe we will end up being better off making a move in that regard.

Not against acquiring a 2B just saying we should not box ourselves into the mindset that is the only way to improve the team.

Trade thought:

Reimold to Arizona for Lefty reliever Joe Thatcher

Reimold has 500K left on his salary and in under team control through 2015.

Thatcher (32) has 1.185M left on his salary and is a free agent at the end of the year.

The D'backs are playing several outfielders that are not performing well.

http://diamondbacks.mlb.com/team/player.jsp?player_id=491159#gameType='R'&sectionType=career&statType=2&season=2014&level='ALL'

Click ALL to see his stats.

Archived