Trade Targets....

EagleOriole

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I think the Jays go for a starter.

If I were a betting man I expect the Jays to be aggressive. Narrow window to win when you look at the rosters make up in my opinion.

Think they will add a starter and a 3B/2B ...Headley could make sense for them. Prob not to expensive to acquire as your essentially getting an expensive (salary) rental they then could move Lawrie to 2B. Headley is also the type that could surprise some with a change in scenery. Then again maybe not.

I've only read through the last couple pages of this thread so I'm not sure if he's been mentioned but what are everyone's thoughts on Luis Valbuena?

I'm assuming he's available for the right price since he's on the Cubs.

He's been a pretty average defender the last three seasons at 2B according to UZR (only about 200 innings though)

He's played more 3B in the last few seasons but isn't looking as good there this year as in previous when looking at the numbers.

His bat is solid with a line of .271/.361/.448. He's always had the ability to take a walk and has a BB% of 12.3% this season. His BABIP is at a career high .335 but a lot of that likely has to do with a career high 24.0% LD%.

He would definitely be an upgrade over Schoop who I think we can all agree needs a little more time at AAA unfortunately.

Any ideas on what it would take to get him? He's making 1.7 mil this season in his 2nd arbitration year. He was a super two though so he's not a FA until after the 2016 season according to Cots.

Joe Saunders can be had for very little.

I hope last night's result will make posters stop romanticizing Joe Saunders. He has not been very good at all since he left Baltimore 1.5 years ago. He was great in the elimination game for us, but at this point, I think all 6 of our starting pitchers are better options.

By the way, this isn't to single out your post in particular, Weams, more of an overall point. I just knew I had seen his name brought up recently.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Rangers Designate Joe Saunders For*Assignment <a href="http://t.co/OSKRhmr28p">http://t.co/OSKRhmr28p</a></p>— MLB Trade Rumors (@mlbtraderumors) <a href="
">July 1, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Reimold for Saunders and $$$.

Matusz. Just use him as a LOOGY and mop up for now.

They have nearly identical career splits vs. LHB

Matusz (.628 career; .706 2014)

Saunders (.620; .693 2014)

MAtusz has experience coming out of the pen and has some potential future value, especially if he can regain his 2013 form. Not seeing any reason to make this swap.

Archived