Trade Targets....

EagleOriole

I don't think they'll just throw him away but I do think they would be more than happy to trade him for anything decent. Gennett has been fantastic for them.

Weeks had a .663 OPS last season. But he's at .768 this season and only one other time in his career besides last season was it below .767 (.728 in 2012).

He'd be a huge boost IMO. Maybe offer Lombo for him?

I hear you on Gennett. He has been awesome, but in a platoon. Weeks has been very good in that platoon. If you were the Brewers, would you mess with that for Lombo? Even if they thought Gennett could handle full time (which they might for all I know), Why would they give up their backup who is a career .730 OPS guy and a fan favorite for Lombo? Marco Estrada has an ERA over 7 in June so maybe a pitcher could bring Weeks here.

Realistically, I'm thinking it would take a major league capable starter, probably the name Miguel Gonzalez would come up. Maybe TJ if we can convince them he can go 5-6 innings.

Ideally: I would ship them Ubaldo and 12 million straight up for Weeks (okay, I'm not actually a Ubaldo hater or think this has any possibility. But i'd love to see it happen). We get a 2b (sort of) and they get another 12-mill-per-year middle of the rotation pitcher (I think they're collecting them and Ubaldo might give them a set).

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think they'll just throw him away but I do think they would be more than happy to trade him for anything decent. Gennett has been fantastic for them.

Weeks had a .663 OPS last season. But he's at .768 this season and only one other time in his career besides last season was it below .767 (.728 in 2012).

He'd be a huge boost IMO. Maybe offer Lombo for him?

The guy is horrible defensively...horrible.

Honestly I do not see Weeks as that much of an upgrade. If your going to make a trade make it a decisive one which nets you a guy whom you have a reasonable certainty of getting better results from...Weeks is not that guy IMO

Both excellent ideas. Which one of them bats lefthanded?

Walker is a switch hitter. Not sure off the top of my head what his splits are like. Harrison I believe is a RH batter. Walker would be a great option but my guess is the Bucs would ask a steep price for him

Walker is a switch hitter. Not sure off the top of my head what his splits are like. Harrison I believe is a RH batter. Walker would be a great option but my guess is the Bucs would ask a steep price for him

Harrison is a RH batter. I have to imagine that neither Walker nor Harrison would come cheap (in terms of players), as they're both cheap (in terms of dollars). It'd be interesting to hear what the Pirates would want for one of them, but I couldn't venture a guess.

Plus, the Pirates are just two games back in the NL wild card race, so there's that whole "the entire universe is comprised of buyers" thing to deal with.

Harrison is a RH batter. I have to imagine that neither Walker nor Harrison would come cheap (in terms of players), as they're both cheap (in terms of dollars). It'd be interesting to hear what the Pirates would want for one of them, but I couldn't venture a guess.

Plus, the Pirates are just two games back in the NL wild card race, so there's that whole "the entire universe is comprised of buyers" thing to deal with.

Also, anyone who thinks we need a leftfield "Bat" is barking up the wrong tree. We have Cruz, Pearce, and Young who are leftfield bats. We need a defensive wizard who bats patiently from the left side and has high obp with the threat of stolen bases to lead off our lineup. Shifting Nick to second slot. Any of those around?

Also, anyone who thinks we need a leftfield "Bat" is barking up the wrong tree. We have Cruz, Pearce, and Young who are leftfield bats. We need a defensive wizard who bats patiently from the left side and has high obp with the threat of stolen bases to lead off our lineup. Shifting Nick to second slot. Any of those around?

I'd be satisfied with a 2B who isn't a defensive downgrade and who gets on base more than 25.8% to 26.5% of the time. Beggars can't be choosers.

I'd be satisfied with a 2B who isn't a defensive downgrade and who gets on base more than 25.8% to 26.5% of the time. Beggars can't be choosers.

Jon Jay would have been nice when he looked like he was on the outs in STL.

Archived