Trade Targets....

EagleOriole

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What about Dustin ankley for a bag of balls? Hes a lefty, his bat is slightly better than flaherty's and he's a decent glove. Some untapped potential possibly as well. Big issue vs. flash, though, is that he can't back up theft side of the IF.

Idea being that he's a platoon partner with schoop and occasional lefty bench bat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't comprehend why anyone would think it would significantly improve our team to trade to prospects for a OFer who will be with the team 2-3 months and not even play everyday at that.

Right now the best thing this team has going for them is their OF.

I understand Seth would be a upgrade over Lough, but Lough barely plays and how would you feel comfortable starting Smith overt Pearce at the moment?

And it's not like we cab get Smith for an aging IF like wr did with Lough.

I can't comprehend why anyone would think it would significantly improve our team to trade to prospects for a OFer who will be with the team 2-3 months and not even play everyday at that.

Right now the best thing this team has going for them is their OF.

I understand Seth would be a upgrade over Lough, but Lough barely plays and how would you feel comfortable starting Smith overt Pearce at the moment?

And it's not like we cab get Smith for an aging IF like wr did with Lough.

Pearce is not always going to be hitting like this. Ride the hot streak, but ultimately we will be better with Smith/Pearce in a platoon. Look at Smith's numbers and remember that he has been hitting in pitchers parks for a while now. Also, he would add L/R balance to our lineup.

Pearce is not always going to be hitting like this. Ride the hot streak, but ultimately we will be better with Smith/Pearce in a platoon. Look at Smith's numbers and remember that he has been hitting in pitchers parks for a while now. Also, he would add L/R balance to our lineup.

I don't really understand the fascination with Seth Smith. He's having a career year, in the NL, and for a bad team. Why not throw the guy strikes if you're already up by five runs? I see him coming back down to earth in the second half, and in his two years with Oakland in 2012 and 2013, his OBP was .331 and his OPS was under .740. Why would he not repeat that performance if he returned to the AL?

I don't really understand the fascination with Seth Smith. He's having a career year, in the NL, and for a bad team. Why not throw the guy strikes if you're already up by five runs? I see him coming back down to earth in the second half, and in his two years with Oakland in 2012 and 2013, his OPS was .331 and his OPS was under .740. Why would he not repeat that performance if he returned to the AL?

I am not a Seth Smith believer.

Archived