Where will Reimold go? (Update: DFA)

Aglets

What past? Steroids?

Steroids don't bother me.

Assault bothers me.

Hate crimes bother me.

DUI/DWI bothers me.

Melky and Nelson are having great years. So either they are still on steroids and the system doesn't work, or they are not because they haven't failed any tests, and the steroids didn't do all that much for them. Which is it?

• Replies 493
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Melky and Nelson are having great years. So either they are still on steroids and the system doesn't work, or they are not because they haven't failed any tests, and the steroids didn't do all that much for them. Which is it?

I suspect that they are likely both still taking or took over the Winter. The other possibility is that they are still reaping the benefits of their prior steroid use. Your fooling yourself if you think their performance somehow shows that steroids really just don't work. There are 66, 70, and 73 reasons to believe to the contrary.

Finally, I don't want to go to far off topic, but does it strike others as odd that nearly every Cuban ubersprospect is so physically huge?

I suspect that they are likely both still taking or took over the Winter. The other possibility is that they are still reaping the benefits of their prior steroid use. Your fooling yourself if you think their performance somehow shows that steroids really just don't work. There are 66, 70, and 73 reasons to believe to the contrary.

Finally, I don't want to go to far off topic, but does it strike others as odd that nearly every Cuban ubersprospect is so physically huge?

If they are still doing steroids then the testing system is a joke. You have to figure they are being targeted and if they aren't failing then nobody is. BTW there is no long term residual benefit to steroids. You have to keep using them otherwise forget about it.l

If they are still doing steroids then the testing system is a joke. You have to figure they are being targeted and if they aren't failing then nobody is. BTW there is no long term residual benefit to steroids. You have to keep using them otherwise forget about it.l

Remember that the tests didn't catch Cruz.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this option, but why not just bring up Nolan and send down Lough? He is only on this team as a defensive replacement and also in case we need a backup center fielder. How often does that happen in the middle of a game? If Jones gets hurt, you bring Lough back up, but otherwise, Lough is a waste of a roster spot. At least Nolan could be a decent bat off the bench.

If he does well, you try to trade either him or Young. If he fails again, send him out and end the experiment. But I really don't want to lose Nolan while guys like Lough and Flaherty take up roster spots on this team.

Not sure if anyone mentioned this option, but why not just bring up Nolan and send down Lough? He is only on this team as a defensive replacement and also in case we need a backup center fielder. How often does that happen in the middle of a game? If Jones gets hurt, you bring Lough back up, but otherwise, Lough is a waste of a roster spot. At least Nolan could be a decent bat off the bench.

If he does well, you try to trade either him or Young. If he fails again, send him out and end the experiment. But I really don't want to lose Nolan while guys like Lough and Flaherty take up roster spots on this team.

Cant send Lough down.

He would pass through waivers. No one is looking for a corner outfielder who can't hit.

Reimold should be re-instated, Lough should be DFA. I don't care what side of the plate he hits from, he's not a big league hitter. Our offense is too weak to keep Lough on the roster for 1 inning of D.

Reimold should be re-instated, Lough should be DFA. I don't care what side of the plate he hits from, he's not a big league hitter. Our offense is too weak to keep Lough on the roster for 1 inning of D.

Yep and yep and yep.

But Lough will remain. Weams swears a million teams would line up for Lough's services...I don't buy it. And if they do, so be it.

Archived