Final Day Trade Rumor Countdown thread. (Deadline 4 PM)

weams

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The Sam Fuld trade makes such little sense. They have a guy named Shane Peterson in AAA likely to give them a similar if not better result:

SAC PCL .318 108 434 77 138 31 3 8 72 199 50 111 11 2 .389 .459 .847

He does win the World Series and it was worth it - but these deals will be remembered for a long time if they don't at least play in the World Series.

I agree that Milone for Fuld doesn't make sense. But Cespedes does not really fit in with the A's so to get Lester for him is a steal. You have to give Beane credit for going for it. The playoffs is a crapshoot but with that rotation they are giving themselves a good chance. Sitting around saying "I told you so" after the fact doesn't change the decision-making process. All of these moves are risks, but I think Beane got a great risk-reward tradeoff.

Yeah. I like Cosart. I am not playing GM here. I just like the arm. Have for many years.

Willing to give up EdRod + one more good prospect to get him? He will be expensive because he is cost-controlled and why does Houston want to get rid of him. This puzzles me.

these deals will be remembered for a long time if they don't at least play in the World Series.

Not if Milone is damaged goods and Cespedes continues to put up a .300 OBP the rest of his career, both of which I think are very likely.

Willing to give up EdRod + one more good prospect to get him? He will be expensive because he is cost-controlled and why does Houston want to get rid of him. This puzzles me.

I am still a fan. Sorry.

Cosart still has upside, and he is useful this year. Yes. I want him.

I think that he works great for our future. Stuff is stuff. He could be useful.

I agree I am a huge Cosart fan he is the type of move you make IMO. He only turned 24 two months ago was a top 5 prospect in baseball just two years ago and was a huge piece of the Pence trade. I am not sure what the cost would be but I would think about giving up Gonzo for him because of the future cost in terms of money. He is controlled for 2 more years before he even hits arbitration. Ubaldo is comming back so Gonzo maybe the guy going to the pen anyway so we don't loose a starter but a bullpen arm. You could let Cosart pitch in the bullpen and he has options so he can go up and down with Brach and Mcfarland until the rosters expand. This is not a big move for this season but does not hurt any either and gives us a young controlled pitcher for years to come in the rotation.

Archived