vs. MARINERS, 8/03

OFFNY

• Replies 685
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nobody is asking him to act like a crazy man but you have to hold guys accountable. I coach my sons travel ball team and better believe if I had a player hitting that poorly I'd be in his face after bad ABs.

Better believe if I saw you jawing up in my sons face you'd be toothless. Someone needs to teach you how coach people. Who are you, Bobby Knight? Hit em with a chair next time.

Its been proven that nothing motivates a grown man to do better then by having another grown man yell at him. Skip is a bum for not doing it.

I think there's a time for it which is pretty rare. I don't think this one of those times. Davis is trying hard, it's not like he's goofing off.

Better believe if I saw you jawing up in my sons face you'd be toothless. Someone needs to teach you how coach people. Who are you, Bobby Knight? Hit em with a chair next time.

Kind of a big fan of praise in public reprimand in private myself. Buck is a master at it.

Nobody is asking him to act like a crazy man but you have to hold guys accountable. I coach my sons travel ball team and better believe if I had a player hitting that poorly I'd be in his face after bad ABs.

That post says SO much...

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• I think it means it was 12 balls and 9 strikes in the 6th inning and then the math would work out. Of course, that assumes he’s right/being honest about what it what through 5 IP. 
    • There was no reason for him to enter that game. 
    • Yeah, I agree. I think Baumann is fine. I half expect for them to option Akin because that buys them time to make a more permanent decision. We'll find out pretty darn soon, I presume.
    • Does the 6th inning not count?    Anyway, your math is wrong.  He threw 59 of 98 pitches for strikes.  You say he was 12-21 in the 6th.  That makes him 47 of 77 through 5.   That’s 61%, not 65%. But anyway, you’re picking one negative sentence in @Sports Guy’s post, when mostly he’s posting something positive.   Seems like you’re just looking to pick a fight, and/or overly defensive about any criticism of Povich, no matter how mild.    For me, if I were to grade Povich’s progress this year compared to my expectations, I’d probably give him a 9.9 out of 10.   Doesn’t mean he shouldn’t work on the 0.1.    I wanted to see him going 6+ innings pretty regularly as a next step in his progression.  Well, there’s one.    
    • 1) you didn’t answer my question..predictably. 2) All that shows is that he wears down as the game goes on, which is something we have discussed as a potential issue. But sure, the 65% is a good sign. If you had the ability to not be a complete dbag about him, you would see that people aren’t bashing him but any single comment that is a negative against him, you fly off the handle like some unhinged  college student.
    • Can they put Kimbrel on the DL for now, and keep both Baumann and Ramirez? Kimbrel warmed up last night, but didnt come in the game. Maybe he's still hurting.
    • There is definitely a heavy bias keeping the "unofficial" Power Rankings from straying too far from the "official" Prospect Rankings for the time being. Looks like only a couple guys have moved significantly based on performance.
  • Popular Contributors