vs. YANKEES, 8/13

OFFNY

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Suarez. Largely because I reject the concept of ignoring the impact of removing them from the rotation. 
    • I was going to go with Burnes for the same reason but he seems to be locked into a very rigid structure that would not be possible in the closer role. I would want someone without recent arm problem  downtime and with the ability to dial up a K in crucial. That’s why I went with Kremer, although he gives up HR a bit too often.  
    • I disagree.  He is at his worst to start games.   He seems to need to warm up a bit before finding his groove.   Not sure he'd be able to get great in just one inning. 
    • I think it's more likely they get traded for a rental or someone who is a free agent after next season.  Teams that want prospects, even near major league ready ones, generally are rebuilding and not interested in trading away young pitching.  Though maybe a team like the Yankees, a contending team that needs more offense, would be willing to trade young pitching for some bats.  Gleyber Torres is underperforming at 2B, so maybe they'd be willing to trade a couple pitchers in the 11-20 range on their prospect list for Connor Norby.  Can't see the O's and Yankees trading good prospects to each other in general, but there could be a match with Norby if the O's and Yanks were willing to trade.  Of course the Yanks would probably rather trade better prospects for Jordan Westburg, but the O's won't be doing that.   Then there is the curious example of the Oakland A's.  They are barely contenders for a playoff spot, but they are in there.  For this reason they may interested in buying and selling -- selling one or two of their good MLB level relievers for a Stowers or Norby.  They may not want Mayo or Kjerstad because they'd cost too much in a season in which they are actually competing in a relatively weak AL West.  But who would they be willing to let go of and still remain competitive?  I have no idea though maybe only someone from the minors that can't help them this season.  Bu there is the chance the team just sells and punts on the season.  If so, and if Mason Miller cost too much, the O's could target their other relievers with Stowers. The Cardinals could be the best trade partner, though if they're selling again this season I'm guessing they'll probably want a premium bat like Kjerstad for Helsey.  If the O's targeted their minor leaguers, then maybe a deal could be made for Norby and/or Stowers.  The Cardinals need offense, period.  
    • Wells gives up too many home tuns consistently so asking him to close is like asking for a blown save. 
  • Popular Contributors