You have to trade for a new 3B, right?

JohnD

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The problem with trading for Beltre, is what do you do when Manny comes back next season? When is Beltre a free agent?

You could trade Manny for him. Manny has 4 more years with the club but the question is will he be healthy enough to depend on?

Other then Beltre, I don't really see anyone else worth going after. This is the time to show if the Orioles truly want to win a championship or are satisfied with a one and done, so the next week will say a lot about the franchise.

Beltre would cost too much. I am fine with whoever Buck plays there.

Beltre would cost too much. I am fine with whoever Buck plays there.

Whoever it is we know 1 thing he's gonna be hitting under .200.

I think a real 3B makes a play on the ball that Davis just picked up in the 2nd inning today. And this is gonna happen the rest of year teams are gonna bunt and test him.

There are few 3B who would have tried to make a throw there, IMO.

I expect he'll be tested. We'll see what happens. Maybe that would put the idea of bunting in his head. Being that he's hitting below .200, perhaps he should be attempting some bunts against the shift (like yesterday, when he batted late in the game with the O's down three and nobody on, when baserunners were needed), and making more effort to hit against the shift when he's pitched away (he gets called out on outside corner, even some outside pitches, often. Try to ht those pitches to third base - nobody's playing there!)

I think a real 3B makes a play on the ball that Davis just picked up in the 2nd inning today. And this is gonna happen the rest of year teams are gonna bunt and test him.

No third baseman in baseball makes that play even a healthy Manny. That guy can flat out fly and it was a slow roller. Davis will have plays Manny could have made no question but that was not one of them.

I am just taking issue to the fact that the Front Office specifically said deals can be done past trade deadline and now they are saying it's really hard to make deals. That's all. As I said, I like what we have done.
No they aren't saying that. They are saying deals for starting 3B are tough. Did you expect them to be proactive at the deadline and trade for Headley just in case they needed to replace Manny? :rolleyestf:

Yes possible
Barely, if at all. TEX has to cooperate. And they have no reason to trade Beltre. They don't need prospects, they need ML ready SP and a bat to replace Beltre. Like Gausman, Bundy, and Schoop. We couldn't get those guys through waivers even if we were dumb enough to trade them.

Barely, if at all. TEX has to cooperate. And they have no reason to trade Beltre. They don't need prospects, they need ML ready SP and a bat to replace Beltre. Like Gausan Bundy and Schoop. We couldn't get those guys through waivers even if we were dumb enough to trade them.

Texas. Has. Waiver. Priority. And you've been given plenty of reasons why the Rangers might be willing to trade Beltre, including the fact that his replacement in the minors is basically ready for the majors. If not this year, then the start of next year.

Texas. Has. Waiver. Priority. And you've been given plenty of reasons why the Rangers might be willing to trade Beltre, including the fact that his replacement in the minors is basically ready for the majors. If not this year, then the start of next year.
You really want to give up those three guys to replace Manny? Beltre isn't a salary dump. He'll cost a lot and not prospects.

You really want to give up those three guys to replace Manny? Beltre isn't a salary dump. He'll cost a lot and not prospects.

I didn't say anything about whether I'd give up those players, but I do take issue with the idea that Texas has no reason to trade Beltre. That simply isn't true. As with everything else, it comes down to price. But Texas has plenty of reasons to trade Beltre if they receive an offer that's appealing in their estimation.

Archived