Concerns about Detroit

gmelson26

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I would be worried about it if someone had posited a reasonable theory to explain the disparity.

In the lack of that information I am considering it a fluke.

I wouldn't have Chen on my playoff roster versus the Tigers.

This is ultimately what I am hoping is the case. I don't have any reasonable hypotheses as to why... hopefully, it's just SSS.

My bigs concern is that there will riot when the O's eliminate them.

Hahah.. yeah once I saw it, I had thought about making a joke like that. Interestingly, I noticed Chen has did not pitch against DET. I'm not sure if this was intentional or random chance. I'm going to guess random chance, as he is on the playoff roster vs them. I do worry about him pitching against them during the day.

I'm starting to get the feeling that we are either going to get swept right out of the first round, or we are going to just win the whole damn thing. It really feels like there is no in between. If we get past this series, I feel really good about our chances moving forward.

Basically it feels like the loss of main players is going to finally catch up with us; either that or its just 'our year' we continue to win in spite of those missing.

I do wish we had drawn KC this first round though.

Hahah.. yeah once I saw it, I had thought about making a joke like that. Interestingly, I noticed Chen has did not pitch against DET. I'm not sure if this was intentional or random chance. I'm going to guess random chance, as he is on the playoff roster vs them. I do worry about him pitching against them during the day.

The April series with the Tigers was set up so Chen was on his regular turn. Nothing wrong with that. But in the May series with the Tigers the O's promoted Gausman for one game just so Chen would be pushed back a day and miss the Tigers.

I wouldn't throw any strikes to Cabrera. In fact, I would fine any pitcher $1000 for every pitch within a foot of the zone.

Victor Martinez has been better than Cabrera this year and JD Martinez behind him is no slouch. You would prefer our pitchers to put Cabrera on base instead of trying to get him out?

Victor Martinez has been better than Cabrera this year and JD Martinez behind him is no slouch. You would prefer our pitchers to put Cabrera on base instead of trying to get him out?

Yes

Of course, that is a highly subjective opinion with no real data to back it up. ;)

I wouldn't throw any strikes to Cabrera. In fact, I would fine any pitcher $1000 for every pitch within a foot of the zone.

I would fine them $1,000 and lock them in a small room with a large television looping Derek Jeter highlights with Sterlings voice for 24 hours. Guaranteed results.

Archived