Dyson Said He Doesn't Expect Series To Return To Baltimore

section18

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

o

As far as I know, Herb Washington was the only players ever to have himself in a pinch-running stance with the "pinch-runner" label for his position for his Topps baseball card.

Oakland-As-10.jpg

Maybe Dyson can pose talking to the press for his 2015 baseball card ???

mlbf_32520363_th_2.jpg

o

I want to punch Dyson in the face. There you go, I said it. Infraction away but I had to say it. Burns me up.

More comments from Dyson today. Says Flaherty kneed him on the pickoff attempt. Said "I'll let our sticks do the talking". Hilarious coming from a guy who is purely a pinch runner and had an OPS of .651 this year.

More comments from Dyson today. Says Flaherty kneed him on the pickoff attempt. He said, "I'll let our sticks do the talking." Hilarious, coming from a guy who is purely a pinch-runner, and had an OPS of .651 this year.

In the balls ???

Anyone can find a gif of the tag?

It's available here: http://deadspin.com/jarrod-dyson-claims-an-oriole-kneed-him-for-his-comment-1646599816

I don't think it was intentional, and it wasn't even much contact, really. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The media asked him a question, and he confidently answered. What was he supposed to say? "No, I think we'll lose at least 2 of these games, so we'll definitely be back in Baltimore."

I'll give you that if he was trying to be a perfectly, politically correct media boy, then he probably should have just stopped his statement when he said no he doesn't think we'll be back there rather than go on to say that he doesn't think the O's players do either. It really wasn't that big of a deal, though, and if this was a regular season series nobody would give two ****s about it.

It's available here: http://deadspin.com/jarrod-dyson-claims-an-oriole-kneed-him-for-his-comment-1646599816

I don't think it was intentional, and it wasn't even much contact, really. This whole thing has been blown way out of proportion. The media asked him a question, and he confidently answered. What was he supposed to say? "No, I think we'll lose at least 2 of these games, so we'll definitely be back in Baltimore."

I'll give you that if he was trying to be a perfectly, politically correct media boy, then he probably should have just stopped his statement when he said no he doesn't think we'll be back there rather than go on to say that he doesn't think the O's players do either. It really wasn't that big of a deal, though, and if this was a regular season series nobody would give two ****s about it.

I disagree. I bet that comment STEAMED the Orioles, but unfortunately we haven't been able to do anything about it.

In football, players make comments like that, they get hurt. Remember Mendenhall as a rookie saying he didn't think Ray hit hard? One hit...one broken shoulder. That's what the O's would love to do to Dyson, but unfortunately we can't do anything at all!

o

As far as I know, Herb Washington was the only players ever to have himself in a pinch-running stance with the "pinch-runner" label for his position for his Topps baseball card.

Oakland-As-10.jpg

Maybe Dyson can pose talking to the press for his 2015 baseball card ???

mlbf_32520363_th_2.jpg

o

I don't care who you are. That's funny! It'd be like us having Steve Clevenger or something calling out the opponents.

I wouldn't expect anyone on the Orioles to say anything differently if the tables were turned. People need to chill.

The tables were turned. We had a 2-0 lead on the Tigers, and the sentiment from our players was, "We gotta go into Detroit and TRY to take one more game." They never said "Bet those Tigers are tucking their tails and making some tee times." They never said "We're going into the Lions den and skin us some Tigers!" And they certainly never said "We're gonna whoop their asses, and the Tigers know it!"

Good thing I'm old and don't pitch for the O's. I'd drill him in the on deck circle. I'd tell Pearce to back up and drill him at first. I can't stand guys that mouth off when their career never will be a blip on the radar.

I think there are many of us that are glad he is not in this organization.

Archived