The defeatist attitude on here is pretty lame

Es4M11

I was at both games and am just now getting online...

I think I should have stayed away. Between here and the radio, I can't believe what I'm hearing. So we win 96 games, sweep the ALDS over the clear favorite Tigers and their 3 Cy Youngs, but now that we've lost two tight games we're a lousy team who doesn't play as a team? We may lose the next two, or we may come back and make this a series, but in any event, I am proud of this team and these men.

If this is how the board will be for the next few days, I may have to stay away until we pull off a win or two. I'm down enough after the past two nights...don't need any help feeling miserable.

Totally agree...No matter what, it's been a GREAT SEASON...I am so proud to be an Os fan right now....getting to see two wins live against Detroit last week is one my year's great highlights.....Go O's!!!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This series isn't over until are 27th out in the Royals fourth win (if that happens.) With that said, losing the first two games at home, and the way we lost them (in the late innings, with two of our top three relievers not pitching well) is a real downer. Obviously, that mood can change with a game three win, which we are all hoping for. If the Orioles don't come back to win the series, it was still a great season, which almost all people will recognize (if they don't already) after the sting of defeat passes.

As for game threads, the nature of the beast is that the posts are immediate reactions to the events on the field, and bad happenings will elicit negative responses. Game threads, IMO, are not a place where "think before you type" can always be expected. Yes, there are people who only see the downside, and never the positive, but that's true of society as a whole. Be they optimist or pessimists, posters in the game thread are Orioles fans.

In conclusion, here's to a game three victory by the Orioles. Whether game three comes tomorrow or Tuesday is yet to be determined.

Never said you did. I guess you missed the part where I said it "goes out to everyone."

Roger that.

No, I didn't miss that part. But quoting my post and writing what you wrote implied that I was flooding inboxes with debate. I would not do that, nor would I even try to figure out how to go about doing that. It's not important.

Just so you know, I blame you ;)

I figured you would.

But to be fair, I was at both home ALDS wins, and honestly, the Bride and I were trying to figure things out, and I don't think we had attended a loss since the Tommy Hunter blown saves in May. We were on quite the winning streak! I'm hoping to be able to redeem myself in your eyes when we return home on Friday with a 3-2 series lead!

:beerchug1:

The deck is stacked against us, for sure. I think I saw on ESPN earlier that no team has come back from an 0-2 deficit.

I'm not giving up, I just don't think there's as good of a chance for us to win.

KC is playing really inspired baseball, timely hitting, speed, lockdown defense and bullpen. It's not that we've lost these games, for me it's that we just haven't looked that good. Sure our offense has fought back and put up some runs and made these games close but Tillman wasn't particularly sharp at all, pulling his typical high pitch count routine through 5. I didn't get to see all of the game yesterday but from what I could tell Norris wasn't great, either.

Bullpen has been suspect. I've been saying for weeks that O'Day hasn't been as sharp as he was earlier, perhaps he's tired. Watching Brutton not being able to throw a strike on Friday night was awful.

Giving up homers to a team that's not known for hitting homers is a bad sign. At times we haven't looked good in the field.

I REALLY thought KC was going to fall apart on Friday night during that inning with the 75 bloop infield hit and throwing that ball into the back of our baserunners head. Didn't faze them. I think they're for real.

I'm not giving up, I'm not saying this series is over...but it just doesn't look good.

This kind of sums it up for me. Those two losses were heartbreaking and painful, and it does appear that the Royals are playing like a team of destiny. Saying that, we've seen the Orioles come back. We've seen the Orioles play well on the road. We've seen the Orioles face adversity and kick it in the balls.

At the end of the day, I don't know if the Orioles can come back, and if I'm a betting man, I'd have to put my money on the Royals after getting 2-0 lead in the series. But the one thing I do know is that I'm not counting out these Orioles.

Regardless of what happens this series, it's not going to diminish the fact that this team had a fantastic year. Sure, we all want them to go on and win the World Series, but we all know the playoffs become a crap shoot with the hottest team, not necessarily the best team winning it sometimes. Right now the Royals are white hot, but that could change and hopefully it changes tonight.

There is certainly room for some doom and gloom. The odds are astronomical that the O's come back and win this series.

Sent from my LG-D851 using Tapatalk

Ohhhh, there's always room for doom and gloom. There's a small percentage of folks here that make sure of that every chance there is. Haha.

I haven't given up hope, the Orioles have proved all season that they're capable of overcoming the odds and adversity. This will be their biggest challenge.

I figured you would.

But to be fair, I was at both home ALDS wins, and honestly, the Bride and I were trying to figure things out, and I don't think we had attended a loss since the Tommy Hunter blown saves in May. We were on quite the winning streak! I'm hoping to be able to redeem myself in your eyes when we return home on Friday with a 3-2 series lead!

:beerchug1:

Next time leave early. Good things happen when you do that! :D

The deck is stacked against us, for sure. I think I saw on ESPN earlier that no team has come back from an 0-2 deficit.

Did ESPN really say that?

They must really have implanted a chip in their collective memories never to remember this, apparently:

yankees-topper.jpg

Archived