vs. Royals 10/14, (Game Three A.L.C.S.)

weams

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It would be nice if Fred Manfra's voice didn't go up in pitch when announcing the third strike on Hundley on that 3-2 pitch. For a second I thought something good happened like a walk.

Fred should accept early retirement and Big Ben should be given an offer he can't refuse.

I understand where you're coming from but a new hitting coach won't stop Jones from swinging at everything.

Jones is who he is. I'm talking about the easy outs just going up to the plate hacking is old.

Two bad approaches to Billy Butler are the story of this game. Chen basically gave him an "unintentional" intentional walk to load the bases hoping to get a DP on Gordon. It didn't work. Gausman pitched Butler inside hoping for a K. It didn't work, he hit a sac fly.

It was a terrible move not to start Joseph in the first place. Praying for something later in the game is not a good plan

Preparing for something later in the game is the right move. MLB managers don't make moves because they are frustrated, they put some thought into tactics.

Archived