Welcome Everyone to the Amateur Draft Forum!

Welcome everyone, to the brand new 'Amateur Draft' Forum! :)

A special 'Thank You' to Tony-OH for giving us draftniks, and casual fans alike, a forum to discuss the fascinating and necessary world of amateur player acquisition. Using various sources, mostly from reputable sites, such as Basball America and Baseball Prospectus, we'll try to keep the Hangout up to date on the latest scouting reports and opinions on a great many draft-eligible youngsters.

Not every player is drafted into an organization, as many come to us through the South American pipeline as well as other foreign nations through free agency, so whenever the Orioles add a noteable younster from outside the U.S. we'll try to provide as much info as able.

Again, welcome and enjoy.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for all of this information Greg (and others). I already feel comfortable about the #4 pick and the college season is just starting. I'm just curious, does anyone plan on creating a top 10 list by position, perhaps with rough round projections? I'm sure this would be quite difficult and time consuming. I'm certainly not qualified to do it myself. However, we only have one pick at the top of the first so I'm curious about what types of players might fall to us in the 2-6 round range.

Thanks for all of this information Greg (and others). I already feel comfortable about the #4 pick and the college season is just starting. I'm just curious, does anyone plan on creating a top 10 list by position, perhaps with rough round projections? I'm sure this would be quite difficult and time consuming. I'm certainly not qualified to do it myself. However, we only have one pick at the top of the first so I'm curious about what types of players might fall to us in the 2-6 round range.

My draft site (MLB-Draft.com) will be doing that in a few weeks and myself or a staff member will (as always) be sharing that info here. :)

Archived