The Orioles have acquired LHP Scott Barnes from the Cleveland Indians

Greg

I really am trying to reserve judgment on this offseason until it's over, but I find it funny that the Indians, who didn't make the playoffs, are trying to clear spots on their 40-man to try and make upgrades while the team that made the ALCS is filling theirs up with a bunch of randoms. I'm aware that they can easily be removed, but I still think it's insanely stupid.

The Indian's cleared Barnes off the 40-man to add 27-year old minor leaguer Charles Brewer, who they acquired via trade from Arizona and had a 4.99 ERA in 22 starts at AAA last year.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting discussion though this thread is an odd place for it. Andy made some great cornerstone trades but his weakness was finding the seemingly marginal players whose contributions make a lot of difference between good teams and bad ones. That's precisely where Dan has excelled. If he thinks Barnes may be one of those guys, I say go for it.

Agreed! DD also has a much better plan and approach to international player development and market than AM did.

• 2 weeks later...
I don't understand reacting this way. Guys like him and McCoy are org guys. They'll end up being taken off the 40-man later in the off-season for better players and they'll try and sneak them through waivers at some point. All teams do this. They're just trying to add some LHP depth to Norfolk.

:new_wave:

Archived