The Orioles are showing strong interest in free-agent OFer Michael Morse (Signs w/Marlins)

Greg

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I guess my question would be this. If the O's had a problem with Nick's physical and we know the history between the O's and Morse's agent regarding Balfour, it would take an overpay or a complete lack of interest elsewhere for Morse's agent to want to even entertain going down this road IMO.

I would be surprised if Morse ended up here even though I really like the idea and think he would be a decent fit.

Morse's agent serves Morse, not the other way around.

• 2 weeks later...
I am very interested to see what Mike Morse signed for with the Marlins. Not because i wanted him for the Orioles, I did not. But I want to see how close the experts were at 2 yrs/22 million. I bet he got at least that much.

I am too. If that is what Morse got I don't think the O's will be signing any of/DH free agents. They will either make a trade or stand pat. Just a guess.

At this point, every starting option will likely be gone by Christmas.

Well I guess you will have to play with your trains......

So many. I repeat so many additions are made after January that contribute to a teams upcoming success. Have patience.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Mike Morse and his wife are from Florida, so this is a homecoming. Last deal of two years, $8 million, but performance bonuses.</p>— Buster Olney (@Buster_ESPN) <a href="

">December 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Archived