Toronto looking for New President to be Duquette.

OriolesManiac88

Bottom line, this will be over if and when Peter Angelos decides it is to his advantage for it to be over, or when the Blue Jays get tired of waiting. Serious question: how long will the Blue Jays wait before moving on to another candidate? And if they do, isn't this over?

I don't think they will move on at all until Duquette states his intentions, I mean why should they. Thats who they want. Why settle for anything less? They can wait this out the entire season if needed.

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I don't think they will move on at all until Duquette states his intentions, I mean why should they. Thats who they want. Why settle for anything less? They can wait this out the entire season if needed.

I would think that Duquette's intentions are known by now. I'm sure he and Angelos have had conversations.

Because the guy the are trying to poach is under contract for four years?

Hey, Ken.... The Orioles have done their part to end it with a clearly stated "NO" from PA; not once, but twice. Why not call out the Blue Jays? Maybe the time has come for them to stop whining, accept NO for an answer, stop the tampering, and move on to other candidates (for a job that is still occupied, mind you).

Just pretending there is no toxic atmosphere in the front office doesn't make it go away. Even Roch has confirmed that the front office is split over this and its an uncomfortable situation.

That worked well when Gary Kubiak said it a couple weeks ago, didn't it?

That was before he had an offer though. I can understand him not wanting the jobs that were out there because they were with poor teams. The job he took was a no brainer. Playoff team, Peyton Manning WILL be back, his Ex Team, great friends with Elway, etc...

Not sure why people are bashing Ken for writing this article. Everything he stated is true.

You could call is "stiring the pot" but thats his job and he is right, this matter needs to be closed and the longer it drags on is not going to be good for the Orioles.

"Who is hurt by the staredown? Just about everyone else."

I don't think anyone is really hurt by this. Why isn't Rosenthal telling the Blue Jays to move on. I am guessing other than people in Toronto and Baltimore no fans really care about the situation needing an article on something that hasn't changed. Isn't Rosenthanl an National writer? Or is he just the Blue Jays beat writer? He seems to mention the Orioles mostly when it is related to the Blue Jays.

Really if it weren't a hatred of the Orioles would this article be written?

What are the Orioles supposed to do to resolve the situation? They want DD to fulfill his contract. That is what they are doing.

I wish unless something really happens that people would drop the story. And unless someone is going to state who they are does someone saying "the situation is toxic" really matter? I mean that person could have an agenda.

"Who is hurt by the staredown? Just about everyone else."

I don't think anyone is really hurt by this. Why isn't Rosenthal telling the Blue Jays to move on. I am guessing other than people in Toronto and Baltimore no fans really care about the situation needing an article on something that hasn't changed. Isn't Rosenthanl an National writer? Or is he just the Blue Jays beat writer? He seems to mention the Orioles mostly when it is related to the Blue Jays.

Really if it weren't a hatred of the Orioles would this article be written?

What are the Orioles supposed to do to resolve the situation? They want DD to fulfill his contract. That is what they are doing.

I wish unless something really happens that people would drop the story. And unless someone is going to state who they are does someone saying "the situation is toxic" really matter? I mean that person could have an agenda.

This is all about Ken having something to be important about and to get back at the Orioles for all of their wrongs to him personally.

I've got to think that Roch, as a MASN employee, wishes he never wrote the word "toxic". Every time Rosenthal uses it to attack the O's, Roch probably cringes.

I think that the word was used by several people who spoke to Roch. About the situation. Not about Dan himself. As to who would be happy with Dan gone? Probably anyone who could move up a slot.

Archived