Casey Stern "O's ownership doesn't want to win they just want your money"

sambowen

He sets the budget for DD and that ties his hands....He was $30 million less than the Nationals in the season that just ended. He has the better end of the MASN deal. To protect it the he keeps the payroll down and cries that poor MASN is not making money. Rather than operating the two businesses as one such as YES in New York he pretends they are a separate business.

Duquette signed players like Manny Ramirez and traded and signed Pedro Martinez. The current GM lets our best position players walk. The team was in bad need of an upgrade in the OBP category and then they lets two of the best guys at it walk.

Maybe the MLB changed a bit in the ten years that Dan was gone. Maybe Dan learned that the PED era was over.

• Replies 407
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dan does not want more. Has he asked for more? Have the Orioles been told to cut payroll. Like half of the teams out there have?

Are you in the budget meetings at the warehouse? So really you dont know what Dan has asked for anymore than I do. They let two of their most expensive players walk rather than resign them. They've signed or traded for no one to replace them.

Just like McPhail, DD claims to have plenty of resources to resign guys and yet he's done nothing except say that he is more likely to trade for replacements....when that didnt work he changed and said they would more likely sign an outfielder or two. The ones that are worth having are all gone now. Sounds to me like the same double talk that we heard from the previously mentioned GM.

In his past GM roles Dan showed the ability to trade and also sign key players. Here he's been Dumpster diving (aka searching for bargains). Some work like Cruz did this past season and most don't (Ulbaldo so far). I cant believe he prefers this strategy to bringing in some real talent.

Weams the great part of this debate is that we can agree to disagree. I dont see me being convinced anymore than I can convince you to agree with me.

It's good to see that the complaints made during all the years of losing are still made when we're winning. Damn the results, eviscerate the owner!

Personally, I'm not a fan of Angelos as an owner, but we've been very good in two of the last three years. I am a fan of winning.

Good point that no one seems to be bringing up....What about all the low payrolls when the team was bad....The building of the war chest that could be used later. The war chest magically evaporated!

Are you in the budget meetings at the warehouse? So really you dont know what Dan has asked for anymore than I do. They let two of their most expensive players walk rather than resign them. They've signed or traded for no one to replace them.

Just like McPhail, DD claims to have plenty of resources to resign guys and yet he's done nothing except say that he is more likely to trade for replacements....when that didnt work he changed and said they would more likely sign an outfielder or two. The ones that are worth having are all gone now. Sounds to me like the same double talk that we heard from the previously mentioned GM.

In his past GM roles Dan showed the ability to trade and also sign key players. Here he's been Dumpster diving (aka searching for bargains). Some work like Cruz did this past season and most don't (Ulbaldo so far). I cant believe he prefers this strategy to bringing in some real talent.

Weams the great part of this debate is that we can agree to disagree. I dont see me being convinced anymore than I can convince you to agree with me.

No I'm am not privy to those meetings at all. Before or after them. I think we can agree that a competitive team that can make the playoffs often can be fielded for the budget that has been allocated. Agreed?

Good point that no one seems to be bringing up....What about all the low payrolls when the team was bad....The building of the war chest that could be used later. The war chest magically evaporated!

Who said that? And didn't Peter lose a lot of money in the 2007 crash? Wasn't he less than a billionare for a while? Was the team debt ratio so out of whack that we were on the MLB watch list? Wasn't Andy MacPhail recommended to us to straighten out our badly managed team assets?

It's good to see that the complaints made during all the years of losing are still made when we're winning. Damn the results, eviscerate the owner!

Personally, I'm not a fan of Angelos as an owner, but we've been very good in two of the last three years. I am a fan of winning.

It's not enough to win, you have to win in a doctrinally correct manner. Just like in the losing years when it wasn't enough to just advocate that the team be blown up. It had to be blown up in a certain way for you to be taken seriously as a knowledgeable fan.

Get with the program.

;)

I will ask one thing. What. Real. Talent.

It's not enough to win, you have to win in a doctrinally correct manner. Just like in the losing years when it wasn't enough to just advocate that the team be blown up. It had to be blown up in a certain way for you to be taken seriously as a knowledgeable fan.

Get with the program.

;)

I am so glad when they actually play games and we win some of them and the team is fun.

No im am not privy to those meetings at all. Before or after them. I think we can agree that a competitive team that can make the playoffs often can be fielded for the budget that has been allocated. Agreed?

I dont think the team is better than last years as things sit now. I think they will take steps backwards and last years teams were flawed as I mentioned previously. The Orioles stunk at OBP and situational hitting resulting in a team that relied heavily on the long ball. When they didnt get the long ball they lost. Cruz and Markakis were #1 and #2 in OBP among players on the team with more than 500 ABs.

It's not enough to win, you have to win in a way that the guys who talk about us in the media all agree that we are the awesomest folks that ever trod the bones of dinosaurs.

It's really hard to get them all to agree though. Just when Keith Law is coming around a whackazoid like Casey Stern goes Nasty on us.

We don't delete posts that are true. If Casey said this, then the post can stay. He hates the Orioles. He's a jerk. But hey. Have a take. Make some noise. Get down tonight.

Do a little dance.

Make a little love.

Get down tonight. ...... Get down tonight, baby.

I dont think the team is better than last years as things sit now. I think they will take steps backwards and last years teams were flawed as I mentioned previously. The Orioles stunk at OBP and situational hitting resulting in a team that relied heavily on the long ball. When they didnt get the long ball they lost. Cruz and Markakis were #1 and #2 in OBP among players on the team with more than 500 ABs.

Are the Giants as good as last season?

I will ask one thing. What. Real. Talent.

Any player that any other team actually was bidding on! Name one player that the Orioles signed in the last ten years that they had other teams bidding on.

They say it every year ....We are not in the market for the top free agents.

Any player that any other team actually was bidding on! Name one player that the Orioles signed in the last ten years that they had other teams bidding on.

They say it every year ....We are not in the market for the top free agents.

And how many are good?

Archived