All the moves count, no matter when they were made

wildcard

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Next off season is a whole different animal. The O's could have 50m to spend to replace players. That could mean signing FAs or making a big trade that takes on salary. Its a way different situation from this off season.

Well according to some ppl DD don't sign players over 30. So that's going to be half the market right there. Then the other half will get contracts the Os wont want to give out.

The Oriole way is to stay competitive and hopefully overachieve rather than "build a favorite" and underachieve.

Anyone who expects the Os to give out 40-50 million next year to improve the team will be upset.

I think ppl are missing, that if the Os do have 50 mill to spend, thats coming from losing alot of depth that will need to be replaced. It's not like the Os are losing 3 big contracts and saving big bucks.

Assuming we sign Wieters and Davis (because if they are both healthy, I think they do what they can to keep them) the Orioles will look to add pitching and a corner OFer. The rest will be depth guys. I don't see the Os getting two to three above average FAs. But we see.

I doubt it. Can't even tell who will be making the decisions on building a team next off season.

As far as I am concerned, DD is signed and under contract.

I know, he can still bolt for a higher position and the Blue Jay job is still open for 2016.

But, you can play the what-if game all day long.

DD is here and has been here working his plan, and so far it's not been bad.

Well according to some ppl DD don't sign players over 30. So that's going to be half the market right there. Then the other half will get contracts the Os wont want to give out.

The Oriole way is to stay competitive and hopefully overachieve rather than "build a favorite" and underachieve.

Anyone who expects the Os to give out 40-50 million next year to improve the team will be upset.

I think ppl are missing, that if the Os do have 50 mill to spend, thats coming from losing alot of depth that will need to be replaced. It's not like the Os are losing 3 big contracts and saving big bucks.

Assuming we sign Wieters and Davis (because if they are both healthy, I think they do what they can to keep them) the Orioles will look to add pitching and a corner OFer. The rest will be depth guys. I don't see the Os getting two to three above average FAs. But we see.

Wow ...it's foolish to think the Os will resign either IMO. Both are Boris clients that will be looking for every last dollar. They along with Chen will be looking for every last dollar. Add in Norris and his 10M plus per season. Hopefully we get a ton of comp picks!

Wow ...it's foolish to think the Os will resign either IMO. Both are Boris clients that will be looking for every last dollar. They along with Chen will be looking for every last dollar. Add in Norris and his 10M plus per season. Hopefully we get a ton of comp picks!

609c92f53e6eaf2eb41c3a5b4a703904.jpg

You mean this guy?

Eh, I like the post. It's a nice run down of the depth moves that have been made. When your payroll is $120 and you have 6 starting pitchers entrenched on the roster and the FA class blows absolute goats, there's not a whole lot of blockbuster moves to be made.

This is pretty much how I see the world. We have a mid-level budget -- you can debate whether that should be the case, but there's no doubt that is the case. Duquette's job is to do the best he can within those parameters. He has a ton of guys who are due to get raises, either because their contracts require it or because they're arbitration eligible. So what do you expect him to do in those circumstances? The answer is, get rid of a couple of older, expensive guys, replace them with younger, cheaper guys, and give the raises to the guys who are in their prime. That's exactly what he's done. I don't know what else you'd want him to do unless he is given an extra $20 mm to work with.

Archived