"This work will cause major gridlock along I-95 through Baltimore"

yeoledugger

http://m.wbaltv.com/news/Major-construction-to-resume-on-mainline-Interstate-95/31919066

"This work will cause major gridlock along I-95 through Baltimore," Transportation Secretary Pete K. Rahn said. "Drivers should plan ahead or plan to sit in traffic."

One can presume that these new traffic patterns will have significant impact on fan attendance at OPACY during spring, summer, and possibly post-season games.

This sucks so bad. I can't imagine leaving DC for Baltimore any earlier than I already do when I'm going to an Orioles game on a work night. It takes me 2 hours. Now it's gonna be 3?

Ouch-Bethesda. At least Alexandria I can jump on 95.

Have you tried the Nats? They have a good little ballclub:) (Insert Weams heading blowing up)

http://m.wbaltv.com/news/Major-construction-to-resume-on-mainline-Interstate-95/31919066

"This work will cause major gridlock along I-95 through Baltimore," Transportation Secretary Pete K. Rahn said. "Drivers should plan ahead or plan to sit in traffic."

One can presume that these new traffic patterns will have significant impact on fan attendance at OPACY during spring, summer, and possibly post-season games.

One of many resons why I use the Light Rail.

This sucks so bad. I can't imagine leaving DC for Baltimore any earlier than I already do when I'm going to an Orioles game on a work night. It takes me 2 hours. Now it's gonna be 3?
What you can do is go to one of the Light Rail park n rides. Park there. It's free. Take the Light Rail.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

• Wow. “Near-ready starter” and consideration in the top 100 based on a breakout in 17.1 IP in AA as a 25 year old? I’d love to see it obviously, but that seems really going out on a limb. Young hasn’t pitched nearly enough in his whole professional career to suggest he can hold up under a full SP workload, or sustain this velo bump. I’m excited for Young and this only reinforces my thought that the Orioles might have something here, but my hopes are still just for a healthy season and maybe he becomes a RP option in 2025. 
    • Yesterday Max Bay was Eno's guest.   I'd known the name as Eno often described him as the mathy co-parent of Stuff+ but it was new to me in the video he'd been a 1-time member of the Astros analytics department.
    • It’s starting to feel like if we don’t get Gunnar signed, the rest of it won’t even matter. We have a lot of good players and several that are extension worthy as has been outlined in many posts. But Gunnar is in another stratosphere even from the best of the other guys. The talent, the results (already, not to mention the likely improvement or at least potential for that in the next few years) good health so far with the body type that should maintain - the kid is an outright superstar, and I just don’t think that is true of the rest of these guys.  I love Westburg, Adley, Colton, Jackson, Grayson. Hell I love this team. But Gunnar is The Guy and it’s not even remotely close.    Surely there is a Boras client in the history of Boras clients who has signed early?  Give the dude a blank check as far as I’m concerned. 
    • I'd target Westburg first.  He should be more amendable and affordable and might serve as a sign to his teammates that the O's are serious about keeping a core together for an extended run.
    • Bradish is an excellent #2 with injury questions. Grayson has to show that he can be counted on to be a #1 or #2 over the course of a season and into the playoffs. Kremer is a solid #5 starter. Means has not been able to start and finish a season healthy. I would probably prefer a pitcher with a more reliable/available track record. Cheap shouldn’t even enter into the equation with a payroll this low and a team with this kind of potential/talent/aspirations.  We will most likely need 2 starters in the rotation next year (if we do not resign Burnes who is a bonafide #1 IMO). I don’t think that we are going to “cheap” out way to a World Series. The competition is too good/talented AND historically speaking teams with low payrolls haven’t won a title all that often. In the last 20 years, HOU was lowest (their first WS title) with a payroll ranked 18. We have some work to do just to get that payroll output.
    • Reading through a fairly entertaining thread, with a number of cool lists and strategies, I think for me, there is only one answer. Build it around Gunnar. We sure could get a boatload of bodies back in a trade, we could certainly keep working on developing more talent along the way — but as an ancient baseball fan — he sure is fun to watch. If I’m David Rubenstein (and I’m definitely not, I think the man has lost more money under his couch cushions than I have in the bank), I let Elias know the budget can be adjusted to keep the kid around.
  • Popular Contributors