4/13 at Harrisburg - Dylan Bundy's first 2015 Start

weams

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Watched Bundy's 3 innings on video feed. Very good command of the fastball. Was able to hit corners on both sides pretty consistently. His curve had good break but he didn't fool one hitter with it. Whether they knew it was coming or they just picked it up early, they had good swings at it. He looked good, just not special.

Hobgood looks to be in decent shape but still on the "husky" side. Just watched one inning plus on him. He threw strikes and they put the ball in play. He falls off the mound on his follow through. Missed O'Brien's home run.

So does Tillman.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Baysox take the series opener in Harrisburg! Baysox 2 Senators 1.

W- <a href="https://twitter.com/MattHobgood">@MattHobgood</a> (1-0) L- Swynenberg (0-1) S- Kasparek (1) HR: O'Brien (1)</p>— Bowie Baysox (@BowieBaysox) <a href="

">April 14, 2015</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Watched Bundy's 3 innings on video feed. Very good command of the fastball. Was able to hit corners on both sides pretty consistently. His curve had good break but he didn't fool one hitter with it. Whether they knew it was coming or they just picked it up early, they had good swings at it. He looked good, just not special.

Hobgood looks to be in decent shape but still on the "husky" side. Just watched one inning plus on him. He threw strikes and they put the ball in play. He falls off the mound on his follow through. Missed O'Brien's home run.

I liked Bundy's tempo. He looked comfortable and in control out there on the mound. Fastball command was solid but I agree about his curveball not fooling anyone. He looked good overall but still trying to regain the feel he previously had of his secondaries.

I liked Bundy's tempo. He looked comfortable and in control out there on the mound. Fastball command was solid but I agree about his curveball not fooling anyone. He looked good overall but still trying to regain the feel he previously had of his secondaries.

For his first outing of the year, I'll take it. I've pretty much accepted that Dylan is not back to being the dominant guy he was in 2012. Hopefully he can get back to there, but it's not going to happen overnight.

<iframe height="236" title="Embedded Tweet" class="twitter-tweet twitter-tweet-rendered" id="twitter-widget-0" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="border-width: 1px; border-style: solid; border-color: rgb(238, 238, 238) rgb(221, 221, 221) rgb(187, 187, 187); margin: 10px 0px; padding: 0px; border-radius: 5px; width: 500px; display: block; visibility: visible; position: static; min-width: 220px; max-width: 99%; box-shadow: 0px 1px 3px rgba(0,0,0,0.15);" allowtransparency="true" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

<script src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8" async=""></script>

Off on a bit of a tangent, but any reason why the minors have the same stupid win rules as the majors? Not like they even particularly care about wins (meaning minor league teams), but they give the credit for the win to the reliever who was scheduled to come in after the starter's pre-determined three innings. I'm programmed to weight pitcher wins at 0%, but you'd think they could fix this a bit in the minors.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Off on a bit of a tangent, but any reason why the minors have the same stupid win rules as the majors? Not like they even particularly care about wins (meaning minor league teams), but they give the credit for the win to the reliever who was scheduled to come in after the starter's pre-determined three innings. I'm programmed to weight pitcher wins at 0%, but you'd think they could fix this a bit in the minors.<iframe id="rufous-sandbox" frameborder="0" scrolling="no" style="display: none;" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Tim Berry had a perfect game for three innings today. Then gave up 8 runs in an inning plus. Sometimes that second time through the order...

Why bother to fix it? Does it matter to anyone?

Why bother to fix it? Does it matter to anyone?

I don't know, why bother to fix anything? Maybe if they did something in the minors it would be step one to fixing the rule in the majors? Pitcher wins might not matter, but they still list every game's starters along with their W/L record and ERA.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived