For What it's worth.....

Belkast

Interesting how the names like Peralta, Marte, Barfield, Miller, and Gutierrez are mentioned and yet there is no "real" offer posted or hinted at anywhere online. I still think the reason the Cubs' deal is still on is because it is the only "real" offer that has been made.

If there is anything certain, it's that nobody has any idea what the "real" offers are.

• Replies 773
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Interesting how the names like Peralta, Marte, Barfield, Miller, and Gutierrez are mentioned and yet there is no "real" offer posted or hinted at anywhere online. I still think the reason the Cubs' deal is still on is because it is the only "real" offer that has been made.

There are 2 names from the Cubs hinted at...Get over yourself.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubsfan

Originally Posted by Sports Guy

Peralta, Barfield and Marte would be awesome.

If that deal falls through, you could trade him to the Marlins for Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla, and Jeremy Hermidia.

Congratulations for making the dumbest statement ever on the Hangout!

It's called sarcasm. Dumb is some of the ridiculous Roberts' trade suggestions that I've seen posted.

Then leave!.........

And it was a very dumb comment as if you are comparing the 3 Marlins to the 3 Indians....Makes you look like pretty clueless. BTW, learn how to quote...Its not hard...Click the button that says...QUOTE!

I certainly hope the FO of each team is more reasonable then the fan base of both the O's and the Cubs. You cannot go anywhere and have an "realistic, intelligent" conversation regarding a deal between the Cubs and the Orioles. On all Cubs boards their fans think it is ridiculous to deal as much as Veal, Gallagher and Cedeno for Roberts. On this site O's fans think those three PLUS Colvin MIGHT BE ENOUGH. Some want Patterson too.

Both set of fans are going to be upset when this deal comes down. And IMO it will come down. I do not believe there is talk between the O's and the Indians. I also do not believe the O's can get anywhere near what O's fans are saying they want from the Indians. I am not bashing, nor am a trolling for an arguement. I am just stating the fact that there is a huge discrepency in what people feel Roberts is worth. Personally I think it will end up Gallagher, Veal, Cedeno and Fontenot for Roberts and Payton.

If that happens I am sure Cubs and O's fans alike will be disappointed.

This is a very true, accurate statement. Well said.

I really like Barfield. His rookie year he hit .280 with 13 HR's and a line of .318/.423/.741. He also had 21 SB's. Last year he had a big dropoff hitting only .243 with a OPS of .594 and only 3 homers, but he is still young - he'll be 25 this year.

Get Barfield to replace BRob, Miller to add to pitching depth, and one more player to add more depth to the farm.

I agree. He played well his last year in San Diego. He would have no role in Cleveland. He would be a great 3rd guy to include in the trade.

I certainly hope the FO of each team is more reasonable then the fan base of both the O's and the Cubs. You cannot go anywhere and have an "realistic, intelligent" conversation regarding a deal between the Cubs and the Orioles. On all Cubs boards their fans think it is ridiculous to deal as much as Veal, Gallagher and Cedeno for Roberts. On this site O's fans think those three PLUS Colvin MIGHT BE ENOUGH. Some want Patterson too.

Both set of fans are going to be upset when this deal comes down. And IMO it will come down. I do not believe there is talk between the O's and the Indians. I also do not believe the O's can get anywhere near what O's fans are saying they want from the Indians. I am not bashing, nor am a trolling for an arguement. I am just stating the fact that there is a huge discrepency in what people feel Roberts is worth. Personally I think it will end up Gallagher, Veal, Cedeno and Fontenot for Roberts and Payton.

If that happens I am sure Cubs and O's fans alike will be disappointed.

Honestly, as a Cubs fan, I wouldn't be terribly disappointed in the Gallagher, Veal, Cedeno and Fontenot for BRob and Payton. I know that fans of both sides want to "win" in this trade (Cub fans want BRob for a bucket of balls and a tin of chew, O's fans want to trade BRob for 5 of the 9 position players that are starting on opening day for the Cubs).

But in the end, what probably gets done is something like mentioned above, with perhaps substituting EPatt for Fontenot, and that, as mentioned previously, will make both fan bases upset. And that result is usually the sign of a fair deal for both teams.

Then leave!.........

And it was a very dumb comment as if you are comparing the 3 Marlins to the 3 Indians....Makes you look like pretty clueless. BTW, learn how to quote...Its not hard...Click the button that says...QUOTE!

Again, I was being sarcastic about the suggestion that the O's could get Peralta, Barfield, and Marte for Roberts. I was not comparing the Marlin players to the Indian players.

Which is 2 more names than anything posted about the Indians' "offer".

I am curious.. Why do you care so much about a rumor on an Oriole's fans' website about a team that, based on the username you have chosen, you don't follow? Wait.. Correction.. A rumor involving TWO teams that you don't follow...

I am curious.. Why do you care so much about a rumor on an Oriole's fans' website about a team that, based on the username you have chosen, you don't follow? Wait.. Correction.. A rumor involving TWO teams that you don't follow...

Obviously the reason that I'm here is to follow the Roberts-to-the-Cubs trade speculation, so a trade of Roberts to another team does interest me. The point that I'm making (and has been made by others) is that there doesn't seem to be any hint of a deal between the Indians and O's mentioned anywhere else, but posters are claiming it is a lot better offer than the Cubs' offer. I think most of us like to look at proposed deals and decide if it would be a good deal for both teams. Obviously, in the end, our opinions don't count.

Bruce Levine just reported on Espn radio Chicago Angelos has given permission to AM to trade Roberts and a deal could be done soon it is just a matter of the Orioles scouts looking at a player or 2. Which he said the are 2 scouts there as of yesterday.They all but agreed on 3 players as of now.There may be another player coming back from the Orioles as well.

Bruce Levine just reported on Espn radio Chicago Angelos has given permission to AM to trade Roberts and a deal could be done soon it is just a matter of the Orioles scouts looking at a player or 2. Which he said the are 2 scouts there as of yesterday.They all but agreed on 3 players as of now.There may be another player coming back from the Orioles as well.

Yea, it will probably be Payton, because some OF is coming back in the deal.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cubsfan

Originally Posted by Sports Guy

Peralta, Barfield and Marte would be awesome.

If that deal falls through, you could trade him to the Marlins for Hanley Ramirez, Dan Uggla, and Jeremy Hermidia.

Congratulations for making the dumbest statement ever on the Hangout!

It's called sarcasm. Dumb is some of the ridiculous Roberts' trade suggestions that I've seen posted.

The OH is a site for open communication and sharing of ideas. With very few exceptions you will rarely see any person degraded for their ideas as much as you have attacked the post you are referencing. In the future I hope you would accept that the OH is one of the few fan sites that provides for a free exchange of ideas even if someone posts they think Roberts for DLee and Soriano is good trade. I hope you exercise more caution in your future posting here. Thank you.

why not Roberts for Siriano straight up? They both equally as valuable to there teams. Roberts needs to be treated as for what he is, one of the best leadoff hitters in the game. No deal for 4 or 5 minor league prospects like Miggy, maybe a deal with a top prospect like Jones. Miggy didn't get much in my opinion, but had to be done. Bedard wasnt a bad deal, Roberts needs to be good or better or no deal.

The Orioles are said to be looking for another veteran SP. Today Marquis is pitching for the Cubs, maybe the scouts are looking at him. Maybe its a Gallagher, Cedeno, Colvin, Marquis for Roberts Payton deal. Marquis' and Payton's contracts would kinda cancel eachother out. I hope he pitches well today!

Archived