Roch: Dylan Bundy - Dominating

weams

Bundy is still a better prospect than EdRod, but I didn't like that trade and I never will, even if EdRod disappoints from here.

2 month rentals are risky.

I would have liked a ALCS win and then WS win, but that's just me. :)

I am glad that the 2 month rental didn't include a top prospect.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 month rentals are risky.

I would have liked a ALCS win and then WS win, but that's just me. :)

I am glad that the 2 month rental didn't include a top prospect.

If we had just gotten to the WS it would have been worth it. We didn't. But you have to go for it sometimes.

If we had just gotten to the WS it would have been worth it. We didn't. But you have to go for it sometimes.

What if we thought a little bit outside the box with the Bundy inning limit thing? Instead of saving those innings for a relief role in september/october. Why don't we just let him go 5 and see if he can take Norris's spot. For all I care he can max out his inning limit at the trade deadline. It's always easier to trade for a SP around the deadline then right now. I'm rooting for Bud but since 2012 we've had our 5th starter cost us games in playoff races. Arrietta, Hammel, Ubaldo. If Bundy could go 5 innings a start that would be right around what we average anyway. Plus he has to be in the MLB next year, so let's see what we got.

I think most of us, expect at least a Sept callup

Definitely! He has to be up AND pitching by September. BY September. Pitching meaningful innings. He has no options next year so he is ON the OD staff next year. Starting I hope, or in the pen.

Maybe once he is allowed to go more innings he will be able to pump it up a little bit. Dylan might get completely loose until after 3 or 4 innings like Tillman and Verlander have shown to do. Sitting at 92-93 or 94 is pretty good when you can touch 96 or 97 to give them a little change of speed.

Was he really hitting 100 and 101 in HS like i read on some sites (maybe here not sure) or was that a product of a fast gun for scouts?

I believe the plan was to move Bundy from 3 innings to 4 right about now. That rainout game may have delayed implementation briefly. I think we'll see the innings bump up soon. I like the way he is progressing now.

Archived