Jimmy Having Himself a Hit Parede(s)

Yardball85

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I know he's made a couple baserunning errors but I love the way he runs down the line avoiding DP's and legging out IF hits.

His hustle kept the inning alive on Thursday for Pearce's slam. His hustle in Wright's game allowed them to tack on 2 more runs late. Last night, his hustle extended another inning though they didn't cash in--I believe it was the inning where Davis had a 700 foot fly out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unable to watch the game, just saw the boxscore. Jimmy can still hit.

How'd he do in the field? I saw Pearce replaced him late for defensive reasons I'm speculating.

I believe Pearce came in to pinch hit, then moved to 2B to stay in the game.

Paredes did not make any errors but was not great. With a man on third and the infield halfway in, the threw home on a squibber that Hechevaria beat easily. I believe it did not cost the O's a run but it did prolong the inning. Later in the game he also missed a bouncer through the hole that looked like a makeable play.

He did make a nice play on a ball deflected by Davis. He has to throw over Davis and Wilson made a nice grab and got is foot down on the bag for the out.

Overall I would give him a C for defense last night, but with three base hits I think that is acceptable.

I believe Pearce came in to pinch hit, then moved to 2B to stay in the game.

Paredes did not make any errors but was not great. With a man on third and the infield halfway in, the threw home on a squibber that Hechevaria beat easily. I believe it did not cost the O's a run but it did prolong the inning. Later in the game he also missed a bouncer through the hole that looked like a makeable play.

He did make a nice play on a ball deflected by Davis. He has to throw over Davis and Wilson made a nice grab and got is foot down on the bag for the out.

Overall I would give him a C for defense last night, but with three base hits I think that is acceptable.

Considering Roberts was a C for ten years, I'll take if from the league batting leader.

Archived